3/17 Pumpkin AMPS 360 +2 318 +4 308 +6 330 +8 323

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jacques and Pumpkin, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Jacques and Pumpkin

Jacques and Pumpkin Member

Most active cycle I've had yet. I'm hoping today's the day we break through into the 200s. She usually starts rising by +6, but here's hoping!

2. Jacques and Pumpkin

3. Jacques and Pumpkin

We didn't cross 300, but still her best day yet.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here's hoping that once the new dose depot is built, you will see those yellows soon.

Did you increase to 3.25 units today? I agree she needed an increase, though normally with SLGS it's only 0.25 units at a time. With her numbers where they are, you do want to keep increasing every week.

5. Jacques and Pumpkin

Thanks for asking. I felt like I've gotten a good sense of her cycles, so I switched over to more of a TR protocol. Because I'm not home every day for testing around her AM nadir (such that it is... she's been pretty flat until today), I don't increase quite as often as TR says. Basically, I've settled on just doing increases on Fridays, because I can be around all day Friday-Monday to test her. Or if I do increase on another day, I only bump up by 0.25.

Now that she might finally be showing some activity in her cycles, I'll reevaluate if I stop feeling like I have a good handle on her patterns.

I forgot to update my signature to say TR; I've done that now.

Let me know what you think!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

That's awesome that you've switched to TR. One thing you might consider - it'd probably be safe to do faster increases closer to TR, while she's still in the pinks, and slow down increases as she starts showing you some blues. That is, provided you can get a second test every night, and the days as you have been. Have you seen this post: Is Tight Regulation Possible with a Full Time Job? Yes!

7. Jacques and Pumpkin

Yes, that post has been my inspiration! And for sure, I'm expecting to slow down once she stops riding so high. I want to be able to monitor her all day for after the increases, so especially once we get into the blues I can't imagine more than one increase per week.