3/17 Marley AMPS 313, +2 186, +3 105, +4 61, PMPS 370, +3 287

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jdubs, Mar 17, 2023.

1. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...303-2-246-pmps-172-2-246-3-206-10-229.275326/

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-levemir-biosimilars.9/create-thread

So this morning when I put the cap back on the needle after injecting, the needle went through the lid and into my finger drawing blood. It turns out the needle was really bent. So I am almost 100 % sure that I gave him a fur shot and the needle didnt go into his body. It wasnt bent when I loaded the insulin so his skin must have bent it. Never had that happen before. Have you @Bandit's Mom?

So pretty concerned about the fur shot aspect. Especially in the light of the last few days. He was up and about in the night quite alot which is unusual for him. That is why I tested him at +10 in 4 in the morning.When I called him he plodded up the stairs sooooo slowly like he used to at the height of feeling terrible.

So that is not a good place to begin from to get a fur shot. There is not much I can do but wait right?

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I've bent the needle while putting the cap back on the needle and poked myself. Hopefully that's what happened with you as well. We don't shoot again with a furshot because we don't know how much insulin has gone in and can't risk a double dose. So yeah, we just wait. FD does teach you patience, doesn't it? :)

3. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

I think it was already bend when I was putting the cap on as it didn’t not going in. It went smoothly in but out the other side a few mum down. There was no resistance at all.
    Time will tell.

One of my nephew managed to give shot and test for the third time last night! Is there anyway he could have given a fur shot (looking at last nights big?)

thanks for your support

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

That's great! Hopefully Markey will condescend to let him test and shoot so you can travel on work. I don't think it's a furshot. It might be the high before the bounce breaks. Let's see what he does today.

Jdubs likes this.
  5. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Ok so not a fur shot!!!

6. Bandit's Mom

Yay! :cool:

Quite a dive at onset probably due to bounce clearing. Try and get him to eat every hour.

7. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Ok thanks!

He's up and about and keen to eat today!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

So I broke our unspoken rule that I pulled the drawer out and tested him. It involves pushing his head down so it doesn't hurt him while I bring the drawer out, which is why I dont normaly do it. But he wasnt coming out for his +4 food and seemed quite dozy.

hes now hisser behind the drawer.

I doubt I will get the chance to test him again.

What would be the best way for me to handle this?

I am hoping if he goes below 50 he will get up nd about anyway like normal......

9. Bandit's Mom

Is there any way you can get some MC near him so he will eat it? Something he can't resist. You want him to eat to keep him safe, even if you cannot test him.

10. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

ok will do thank you!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

So much!

Like a teaspoon - how often would you say and until when ?

12. Bandit's Mom

Just give him a tsp of MC now. That should be enough since it's pretty late in the cycle. And leave some LC also for him to eat later, if he is so inclined.

13. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

Ok perfect thank you!!!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Jdubs

Jdubs Well-Known Member

What a bounce!!