3/14 Silver AMPS 229 +5=209 +8=223 PMPS 203 +4=178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just have to keep going up in dose before you can come back down. Just keep following SLGS for increases and eventually you'll see better numbers. I know it can be frustrating. Hang in there. :bighug:

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. I hear you. But why did I already see better numbers on a lower dose? How much higher can be good for him?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes their insulin needs change. Or you could have caught lower number while he was clearing a bounce. Or sometimes they get lower numbers at first on a dose, but then it's not enough and they need more insulin. Unfortunately there are a lot of variables in play with diabetes.

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Hmmm not sure about that. Personally I think he is getting way too much now. I was getting greens often on just 3u. No reason for insulin needs to suddenly change. Over time maybe. I could get that. But immediately? I am dubious. I think we have passed his good dose. I have a limit as to how high I am willing to go.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

You home again today with that cold? Hope you feel better soon.

3.25u seemed to be a good dose and you saw a few greens on it before reducing the dose to 3.0u. You did go back up to 3.25u, however you were on it for 14 cycles and the majority of your mid cycle tests were above 150 (8.3). So according to SLGS you would increase to the 3.5u and that 14 cycles looked the same. You didn't jump the gun or go up too much at once.

You have been getting a lot of data lately.

I don't think you have gone over a good dose. I think Silver is being very stubborn.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    LuanneP and Juliet like this.
  7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I just wonder if I am doing the right thing for him. I thought if 3.25 was good I should take him back down to it?

Home with a migraine actually. I get them a lot.

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Silver hasn't proved himself in my mind to go back. Stay the course. I have a feeling once you break that ceiling that he will come down quickly. It is just finding that magically dose to do it.

9. Juliet

Juliet Guest

So when I got a 50 I should not have reduced? I thought that that was the magic dose as 50 was lowest I'd seen. Then nothing but yellows and blues since.

10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

On that particular 50 (2/20) I would of reduced but like you said he hasn't seen it since - hasn't earned a reduction again. So I wouldn't go back to 3.25 now from the 3.75u you are on now.

Stay on the 3.75u.

Juliet likes this.
  11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Well at this rate we will be going up to 4u at the weekend.

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Come on Silver...just work it!

Juliet likes this.
  13. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He sleeping. Too tired to work anything he says. image.jpg

14. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

This is what happened with Merry. I was increasing & increasing & felt the same way as Juliet, thinking I missed a good dose or something but 5u seemed to be the magic dose for Merry & we started hitting greens & then in on Jan 2 he earned his first reduction :) He was on 5u for about 14 cycles before he earned his first reduction.

Juliet and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  15. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

He is such a handsome lad.

Juliet likes this.
  16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

yellows all day :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.