29/12 Mo - AMPS 344, +5 306, PMPS 311, +3 274 - Drinking extra water?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Dec 28, 2020.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Yesterday's post

Mo didn't wake Tim up in the night for food like he has been doing a lot lately, which is good. But something I noticed this morning when I got home from work was that his water bowl was almost empty...He hasn't drunk like that in a very long time since we add extra water to his wet food. I'm worried something else is going on. We have a vet appointment booked for 2 days time so that gives me some relief knowing he's going to be checked over. Normally he doesn't drink water like that unless he's eaten something carb-heavy, which I don't believe he has. Well, there is no evidence of that anyway.

I just turned around to watch him eating his lunch and as soon as he finished he went to drink some water. Ugh, I'm worried something is going on. I tried rubbing his belly earlier but he pushed my hand away :(

I'm on leave now for the next week (yay!) so I will be keeping a close eye on him.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day :bighug:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Poor you, those sugar cats always seem to find something to cause us to worry.:bighug:

What are the temperatures like in Wellington today? Just wondering if that's a factor.

Without a test in the PM cycle, hard to know if he went up last night. That used to cause Neko to temporarily drink more.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  3. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

I know right? It's actually been quite chilly today and last night. But he stopped drinking water after I posted this and has been happy all day. Very well behaved at test and shot time and gave us a yellow! He is acting like he's feeling good. Hopefully we get at least another yellow tomorrow!

We usually get a test in the PM cycle but with me at work overnight last night, I wasnt able to get one. I asked Tim why he didn't do it and he said because Mo didn't want to. If that's how this works then we would never test him! Tim can be a silly goose sometimes. Oh well, he's such a good daddy to Mo though.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Furball drinks a lot more water when her numbers are higher. I hope that's all it is with Mo.:bighug::bighug:

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Is the litter box also quite full? What goes in, must come out...

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

7. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Yes it is :\

Sue and Luci likes this.