25/1 Nacho amps 24.4 (439) New dose 4.5 after holding for 6 cycles

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Trace248, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Trace248

Trace248 Member

Hi guys! Increasing today as per recommendation. He's still in the red and we will check him at lunch to see what happens. Expecting another jump up as last time. Come on Mr Nacho! You can do this!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you increase after just holding the dose for 6 cycles, it's very important that we have an idea how low that dose is taking the cat. That is why TR requires two tests per cycle, the preshot and one other. To make sure it is safe to increase so quickly. I see only two mid cycle tests for the 7 cycles you were at 4.0 units. Please try to get at least 4 tests per day moving forward. We want to make sure you are increasing safely.

It's often cats will see some temporary higher numbers the first couple cycles after an increase, it's a phenomenon we affectionately call New Dose Wonkiness. Cats often don't show you what the dose can do until the 4-5th cycle, as the new depot has to build.

Here's the link to your previous post, which we include for continuity: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-8-410-6-1-2-23-4-421-new-dose-update.241913/

Trace248 likes this.
  3. Trace248

Trace248 Member

I'll try to. Unfortunately I was not home yesterday through the day and today I am also away until 6pm. I guess sometimes we have to work with what we can. He's not drinking as much which is good and no ketones. It's Australia Day tomorrow so I will tey ansd get some night time readings. My hubby will do a midday test if he can today :)

4. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Come on Nacho, work that juice!!

Trace248 likes this.
  5. Trace248

Trace248 Member

Hahaha yessss!!!!

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, can you get a test in before bed every night? That’s a good habit to get into.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I agree with Bron, if you can get those before bed test every night, and during the day when you can, it'll help us figure out if you can increase as quickly as TR allows.