? 25/08/21 Pantera amps 11.4 + 5 16.2 + 6 17.6 + 8 19 pmps 13.3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colleen & Pantera, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Pantera just had a reverse curve. His numbers have been fairly flat since starting insulin. Up to 3.75u what do I do next.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

What are you feeding him? Can you put the food in the signature please Colleen?

3. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Hi Bron, he gets 1 pouch pro plan urinary focus, at 6.30am pmps 1/2 pouch rc diabetic at 8am. 12.30 -1ish 1/2 can fancy feast pate, 4pm 1/2 can fancy feast pate. 6.30 pmps 1 pouch pro plan urinary focus and 9.30pm 1/2 pouch rc diabetic. He sometimes gets small amount feline naturals k9 and he has fur fresh freeze dried chicken as treats. He only just started with FF last couple days. I use to only give him mainly pro plan urinary focus and royal canin diabetic.

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I can’t find the carb count for the pro plan urinary or the Royal Canin Diabetic. Do you know the carb content of them?

5. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

The royal Canin is 2.5% pro plan is 4.5% that’s what I get on carb calculator.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think she needs an increase in dose up to 4 units. Try and get a test in during all the Pm cycles if you can as cats often drop lower at night.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

According to Dr. Lisa's chart:

PURINA - Pro Plan Veterinary Diets - UR - 12% carbs
    PURINA - Pro Plan Veterinary Diets - UR Savory Selects in Sauce - Salmon - 14% carbs
    PURINA - Pro Plan Veterinary Diets - UR Savory Selects in Sauce - Turkey & Giblets - 13% carbs
    Royal Canin - Glycobalance - 14% carbs

All wet food. Dry would be HC.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Thanks Bhooma, I thought they were higher carb than 2 and 4 % it couldn’t see them….must be blind!
    So Colleen , you might want to look at getting some lower carb foods. If you do, be aware the BGs will most likely drop. So you could either stay with the 3.75 dose and swap to some lower carb food and see if that lowers the BG, or if you decide to take the increase and change to a lower carb food later…..be awar the BGs could drop.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Its not the vetinary diet. Its what he has been having for 2yrs and didn't effect him, actually dropped him down after he was on science diet. Its called pro plan urinary tract health tender pieces chicken on gravy.protein 12.2% fat 3.2%
    Moisture 80% fibre 0.3%
    Rc diabetic is 8.9% protein3.2% fat ash 1.7% fibre 1.1,% 82 5% moisture total sugars 1.3% starch 1.2%

10. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Just did a +4.5hr and he is 19.8
    What is going on. 13.3 pmps ( a test from each ear taken) up to 19.8 in 4.5hrs. This is ridiculous all he ate was pro plan urinary 1 pouch. O am dumb founded.

11. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

I even emailed the company about the food to see if any ingredients had changed and nothing has.
    I may try and swap for just diabetic and Ff give the pro plan a miss gor a while. He has had a PU operation 7yrs ago and always on urinary food.
    I am afraid to just give fancy feast or anything without the s/o for urinary care.

12. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I think as long as the food is wet food it should be fine for her.

Colleen & Pantera likes this.
  13. Colleen & Pantera

Colleen & Pantera Member

Then what. I can't see any improvement from 1.5u till now. I will increase in morning. It seems to be sending him higher. Could it be to much insulin?

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I don’t think it is too much insulin. You are testing enough to catch any drops, and I can’t see any drops.
    Cats who have fallen out of remission can be harder to get back into better numbers. I had the same thing with Sheba. She was in remission for almost three years then fell out of remission and it was hard to get her back into better numbers.
    Follow the TR protocol and don’t leave it too long before taking increases. You just haven’t found the best dose yet. I know it can be disheartening.

tiffmaxee likes this.