206 shoot or Skip ?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam2020, Oct 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Adam is at 206 on 1 1/2 units of Pro Zinc. I am not used to shooting when he is this low but want to try. Not sure what to do. Sorry I haven't updated his spreadsheet in a few days I have had a nasty ear infection

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Its going to be hard for anyone to advise without that data...Is there anyway you can fill it in now? Earaches SUCK I use to get them when I was a kid. Some really bad infections too:(:bighug::rolleyes:.

3. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

And you should post on the prozync forum too. Typically, we say it’s safe to shoot over 200 but every cat is different and that’s why the data is so important. If you shoot, can you get a +2 test?

4. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

@Panic may have some suggestions

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

You'll have to update your spreadsheet before you can get helpful advice, sorry you haven't been feeling well.

Are you following a protocol at all? Drops below 90 indicate a 0.25 unit reduction and you haven't done that despite a few drops under 90. Just trying to understand what your goal is!

I'm also seeing that you've given full dose when Adam was as low as 130. You didn't get any tests done after that and I would have advised against shooting that low if you don't have much data.

To keep Adam safe, I would recommend get a +2 every cycle (when possible), especially if pre-shot is on the low side. A +2 AND a "before bed" test every night as well. It's possible Adam is dropping very low at night and you're not seeing it. The goal is to reduce the dose as kitty earns reductions. Without testing you won't know when he earns one.

6. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

I

7. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Woops I talked to Chris already and she said I could of given him the shot..I will have to try tmrw our internet keeps going down and I don't want to loose anything

8. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Yes I am trying been a rough few weeks for me. I have had Vertigo for 8 days straight then it let up but I was dizzy frequently throughout the days. I had a massive ear infection but I also have Meniers disease . My ear drum burst last night relieving the pressure and it was the first day without Vertigo. I have to get back to testing him more often..some days I could of given the shot we passed on because we didn't want him to go too low and I wasent sleeping much at that point because of the ear pain.
    I am really new at adjusting his dose and when to do so and by how much. We are getting there though.

9. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Say no more been there. I finally changed providers and while its more expensive, I finally have decent internet. GOOD LUCK!
    Give Adam some scritches from all of us!
    j

10. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

His numbers are low this morning. I made a new post. Not sure what to do ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.