2/26 Kitty Cat AMPS 311, +5 272, +8 277, PMPS 268, +2 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

previous thread
    Pretty high lately but I'm assuming it's from the recent reduction. I'm also down to the last drop of the vial so will be opening a new pen tonight.
    I put flea drops on him last night. I must've touched it accidentally when I tested him this morning and my arm immediately had a slight burning sensation and a rash developed. Now I noticed that he has a lot of dandruff and the hair is turning orange?? I don't remember this happening when I put drops on him at the beginning of January.
    Refresher: He's an indoor cat but he likes to sit by the open window and somehow got fleas. (There are a couple stray cats in the area.) I gave him a flea bath and drops and everything was fine. But lately he's been scratching and I couldn't find any fleas or flea dirt but figured I'd give the drops anyway since I had them. The drops are Advantage II by Bayer.
    upload_2021-2-26_14-17-1.png

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Christina - I don't know the answer to your question (nor have any experience with fleas) - maybe edit your title and put your question there and add the ? from the drop-down? It will help get more eyes. Perhaps call the vet and ask too if you haven't already?

And glad you got some FF! I ran to target today and grabbed a box of chicken & gravy (12% for MC) even though I wasn't out yet because of your post lol. If you ever need or want to switch off FF pates, I switched Jax to Wellness Complete Health Pate (the switch was because my civvie wouldn't touch Fancy Feast).

3. Christina & Kitty Cat

good idea! He doesn't seem bothered so I'm hoping it'll just go away after a full 24 hours. I'm just a little concerned if it's bad for him considering it definitely irritated my skin.
    I thought about buying more tikicat after that last box was donated to me but it's too much of a price increase from FF for me to justify right now.

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sorry, I also can't comment on flea meds...but I think since you found it irritating you did right by getting rid of that one. Hope you won't be bothering with those pesky fleas for much longer!

Enjoy your evening :)

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  5. Christina & Kitty Cat

Update, the weird orange went away and the area is drying up so should be normal by tomorrow. He seems fine and his bg is going down too.

Sue and Luci likes this.