2/21/21 - Squeaky! AMPS = 244 +7=194 PMPS=266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-20-21-squeaky-amps-328-pmps-125.243435/#navigation

Feline law #1 The cat will always love the house guest who is allergic to cats. Feline law #2 The cat will want to come in as soon as you sit down. Feline law #3 The comfort, coziness and vigor of purr of the cat on your lap is directly proportional to your need to get up and pee.

G'morning everyone! Hope y'all are having a great day! We're just over here bouncing around a little after the last reduction. May your kitties all surf safely today!

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

So true. I hope Squeaky slides down today.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Jan

Sorry I haven’t been on to just clear up a few things. First, good that you reduced.

For SLGS, unless you get a BG below 90, you would hold the dose for one week and do a curve. So you took the correct steps in reducing the dose yesterday morning based on the green BGs below 90 the night before.

If, during the week you are holding a dose and you do not see any BGs below 90, then at the end of the week, you’d run a curve. If nadirs are 150 or above, you would increase the dose. If they are 90-149, you would hold the dose another week. If you skip a shot or give fur shot, the cycle count does not start over. Just complete the week, do a curve, look at the nadirs you have and make a decision based on that. If you get to the end of the week and give a fur shot or skip a dose on curve day, unless the BG has dropped below 90, do the curve the next day and decide on the dose.

Does that help?

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  4. Jan D & Squeaky

Oh wow. I had no clue about any of this. Thank you so much. That does help.

5. Marje and Gracie

I’d strongly recommend you read the entire SLGS method information and then ask questions. :)

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  6. Jan D & Squeaky

Thank you. I will try. Oh dear, I've been having so many health issues lately, that my brain is largely unavailable to comprehend and absorb material in that kind of format, most of the time. I've been doing really well with all the coaching everyone has been giving me, though! And I'm so grateful. Squeaky and I could not be doing so well without everybody's help.

I think I've picked up a lot of the major points of what to do, but it was very helpful for you to explain the curve concept to me. I had not understood it. Thank you so much.

7. Marje and Gracie

You’re very welcome. Just ask....we have answers. :)