? 2/20 /21 Marmy’s numbers looking better amps 243, +3 -113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tonimarmalade, Feb 20, 2021.

1. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

upload_2021-2-20_12-41-40.png I think I will give the 225 a Couple more cycles. But happy to hear any opinion from anyone out there who might know better. Thank you so much

Gill & George and JaxBenji like this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Here's your last post - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/2-19-21-marmys-numbers-amps-249-3-251.243392/

To get the URL, open your last thread, then copy the URL. Start a new condo and then paste the URL (this is the easiest way IMHO); I personally usually start my condo on a computer as it's easier to copy and past the URLs that way.

That's a nice +3 - maybe get a +4 or +5 if you can to see if she goes green? Just my two cents :cat: I'm sure others will be by :bighug:

Hope you have a wonderful day :bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Hi Toni
    I agree with you, hold on to this dose a little longer.

113 at +3 on levemir, it looks like the onset of this cycle

Did you feed him? (I imagine you did given he's been getting so many snacks/ but if you didn't I think you should give him a snack)

I agree with suzanne, I think if you can could you get a +4/+5 (personally I think the +4, he has dropped over 130pts at onset, so I think he will very likely hit green, unless he bounces)

4. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

5. Gill & George

6. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

OmgHer +5 reading is 35! I will give her a little high carb immediately. She’s already had three mini meals today right because she’s been hiding from the workers problem with plumbing electrical and the garage door not opening in the car not starting. All in one day unbelievable! I will take care of her immediately and tester every 15 minutes until I get her number up

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. JaxBenji

How's Marmy now? Is she coming up :bighug:?

8. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

:bighug:Yes. Up to 50! Thank the Lord!!!and thank you for your concern. I will reduce her to 2 units this evening. And I will keep testing her and posting her results on the Google chart. Any suggestions beyond that would be appreciated. I will give her a tad more of the FF gravy lovers I. Her regular snack shortly but I Don’t want her spiking in the other direction so it’s like walking a tight rope with her. She is very responsive to carbs and of course she absolutely loves them. She seems fine though the workers have left and that helped
    How do I send you a hug?:bighug::bighug::bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

You are welcome :bighug: Sounds like you'll keep testing - those carbs will wear off :bighug: Did you feed at the 50? If it were me, I'd test in 30 from that 50 to make sure she's rising. I usually feed Jax every 30 minutes until he's steady >50 and then move to an hour. I have to run out for a bit but maybe @Gill & George can stop by if she can. Or if Lyla's @Butters & Lyla around, she can provide support with feeding too if you need or want it :bighug:

10. Gill & George

Good catch Toni.

Give marmy a little more HC.
    And test again in 30 Mon.

It's good that he came up but it would be good to see him higher.
    With Lev being later in onset it's also later to reach peak insulation n action so it may take a little longer to get him to stay up on his own.

Remember that after two hours the carbs can wear off so at that point they can dip again.

I think you should try to get s +6 to make sure he is still coming up.

JaxBenji likes this.
  11. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

On it!!! Thank you!!! :)BTW Marmy is a she not a he.

12. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

So checked at +7 and SHE is up to 77. I will closely monitor her going forward rest of day .

13. Gill & George

Sorrry Marmy, you're a beautiful fluffy girl:kiss:

tonimarmalade likes this.
  14. Gill & George

You could give her a LC snack and check in 30 min.
    If she stays up, then check again in an hour I think it will have been 2hrs since her last HC snack and if she stays up, you can rest easy.

congrats on the reduction Marmy.

Toni, is she particularly hungry when she is in low numbers?
    My George would sit by his bowl and shout at me when he dropped low.

15. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Yes she is !!! She seems to be always hungry but all tests are good. Such a mystery!!!

16. Gill & George

LOL George is always hungry too, even though he's in remission. No mystery with him, he's a little glutton.

At least you know she will eat when you need her to.

17. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Yes she does eat well. I am grateful for that. George sounds like a special little guy also.

18. Gill & George

They're all special in their own way, he has 4 brothers and sisters. :cat::cat::cat::cat:

19. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Indeed they are all so special. Wow! 4 brothers and sisters! We too, not too long ago had 6 special need rescues kitties with us. And now there is only Marmy. All beautiful spirits.

20. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I'm glad you caught the lower numbers today, I always found if Maverick dropped quickly (early) with Levemir, he'd be likely to earn a reduction. While onset with Levemir tends to be later, you can find a hard fast drop occasionally, like you did with Marmy today. Sometimes a flattish cycle in the yellows before that is a good indicator that she may drop next cycle. Maybe just something to watch for.

Congrats on the reduction, since Marmy hit 35, she has earned a reduction to 2u.

21. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Great advice. Yes. She will only get 2 units this evening. We have been on this path many times over the past years.