2/18 Angel's pmps~395 +3~343 +6~350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lynn and Angel, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6502

Grateful thanks to many of you who posted birthday wishes for Angel, get well wishes for my droolers Andy and Heidi, and sent your prayers for my Daddy. The dogs are both doing well with their recoveries. Lots more pills and dietary stuff going on with them to make my already complex routine of testing/shooting Angel and juggling who eats what and where even more of a feeding-time-at-the-zoo scenario.

My father went through his cath just fine. It was easier than he had expected and was quite relieved. 2 arteries were just too blocked to repair at his age, but the 2 most important were unblocked and clear. We will focus on being happy about that. Daddy is the kindest sweetest person I've ever known. He flirted with and serenaded his young female nurses and they competed to take care of him, saying over and over how cute he was. I'm glad that's over and he's home for his 81st birthday today.

Angel is still running high and I will increase again soon. Can't even call it bouncing any more since he doesn't go down :sad: We will keep on keep on keeping on and be a tank like JoJo used to say.

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 2/18 Angel's amps~337

Lynn, so glad to hear that all surgeries went well. I am sure you will find a way to juggle everyones medications to make sure they all recover quickly.

I don't know if this is a possibility, but is there any way that maybe angel is fighting some kind of infection? Maybe a low grade fever of some sort? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there at you.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 2/18 Angel's amps~337

So glad to hear that all surgeries went well. I feel for you having to do all that juggling. It won't last forever, but it seems like it sometimes, huh? Please remember to take care of yourself, too.

4. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 2/18 Angel's amps~337,pmps~395

He just keeps going higher... doesn't seem sick, but neuropathy is definitely coming back due to lack of regulation. I just spent $1300 at the vet inlast 3 days and cannot afford to take Angel in right now if he's not acting sick. If he had some symptoms of something going on I would go ahead but I can't pay for a bunch of tests when he doesn't seem sick. All I know to do is increase dose again this weekend.

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear the good news on the doggies and your dad Lynn.

Sorry to hear Angel having a bit of neuropathy, poor little Angel...sometimes u can only do so much, please give her some ((hugs)) from all her LL friends.

6. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 2/18 Angel's amps~337,pmps~395,+3~343

Just staying high. Why did he quit responding to his insulin; his bg's are getting progressively worse even as I increase. Is it at all possible he's getting too much?

7. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I don't know lynn .. I don't think I have enough dosing knowledge to answer that question. I just hope that angel starts to come back down for you. I know how frustrating this is.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like you started a new cartridge early. Any chance you've gotten a bad batch of juice? Miriam had a similar problem several months ago.

9. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

2/18 Angel's amps~337,pmps~395,+6~350

Little change from the +3...flat pink. I guess Lantus could be bad. I always worry that and it's why I started a new cart early. Don't know without ditching yet another one at 2 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.