2/17 Pearl AMPS 128....PMPS 101, +1 75, +2 55, +2.75 70, +3.75 69, +5 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Margaret (and Pearl), Feb 17, 2021.

1. Margaret (and Pearl)

Margaret (and Pearl) Well-Known Member

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret - How's Pearl feeling? Stay safe with the weather :bighug: Hope Pearl surfs safely :D

3. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

They are lovely numbers!

Stay safe in the snow storm!!! I can't even imagine what that would be like... :nailbiting:

4. Margaret (and Pearl)

Hi Susanne! How are you doing today? Pearl seems to be doing ok - but she is back to being really picky with her food today. So I'm just not sure. I think that could be what is keeping her numbers a little high - the 3% food (if i don't give some of it, she hasn't eaten). So I odn't know what to make of it, and when is too long to be thinking it through for an increase or not (but then again...she did get to 51 yesterday).

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Margaret (and Pearl)

Hi Laura! The snow will be fantastic! I am a winter baby and to me snow is so beautiful and peaceful - in the midst of a chaotic world, a little bit of wonderland. Hope you and Grem had a good day!

6. Margaret (and Pearl)

@Marje and Gracie Is it premature to think of increasing Pearl's dose tomorrow to get rid of the blue BGs when Pearl is working with NADIRS of 51 and 55 yesterday and today? Her appetite hasn't improved much today, and I'm not certain she is through this Pancreatitis attack yet, although there has been much improvement as can be seen in the BGs alone! I'm really ok to leave her at this dose, I just don't have a good grasp of knowing when I should think on an increase with her numbers like they are now. (I've had a bit of my own brain setback and don't seem to have the best intuition these days on what to do).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’d hold her dose right now. She’s down to 55 at +2 already so that doesn’t give a lot of room for an increase at this time.

Enjoy the snow. Two of my sisters are in TX. One has had no issues with elec & water; the other, it has been on and off. Stay safe.

8. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can get some sleep tonight!!

My day is only half way through :joyful: And over here it's quite hot! I love the heat though.

Enjoy the snow and stay safe!

9. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you I needed this encouragement and confirmation. I will hold the dose. I will be thinking of your sisters! I hope they get power back soon!! I guess the good thing about Texas is everyone can just go outside and have a big bonfire?! (Joking, but maybe it would be a solution!) Maryland has actually been pretty good about electrical grid the past few years (it used to be horrible, the wind just goes "puff" and the power goes out for DAYS at a time).

And PS - I am acutally thinking of moving to Texas! If I get a job there!

10. Margaret (and Pearl)

Thank you! Sleep would be so welcome, but I've had a couple non-dramatic nights now, so I am sure I am due for an all-nighter! When I traveled from USA to South Africa in the 1990s, one thing I loved is that there was so much heat there WITHOUT the humidity. Humidity kills me, saps me of all life and I am a limp dish rag. Where I live now on the eastern edge of USA is horrible for humidity. Is Australia similar in being hot without humidity?

11. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Sorry Pearl is still being a little picky :bighug: She sure has some beautiful nadirs :bighug: Hope she gets over what's bothering her soon - you sure seem to know what you are doing to help her :cat: Hope you both have a wonderful night :bighug:

12. Margaret (and Pearl)

LOL then I am fooling you! I have NO IDEA what I am doing!:arghh: :bighug::bighug::bighug::arghh:

JaxBenji likes this.
  13. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Finally coming to visit you and Pearl tonight and she must have heard your threat to increase her dose (or read your mind, but we don't want kitties to have that power ;)). I agree with Susanne, she is getting some nice low numbers even though they are bookended by higher ones. And so much more green in the last two days. She will get there, Margaret. Don't worry. :bighug: