2-16 Leo AMPS 421/ +7 87/ PMPS 367/ +2.5 273

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by La-La Leo, Feb 16, 2022.

1. La-La Leo

La-La Leo Well-Known Member

2. La-La Leo

Having trouble with sending a reply after a phone update. Anyone else having trouble?

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Try again to respond. He dropped under 90 again. If still doing SLGS you need to take him back to .50. Are you feeding snacks throughout, every couple hours to try to prevent him dropping under under 90?

I can’t respond to your response but can edit mine. I will tag Bhooma to see if she can help when she comes on later. @Bandit's Mom

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    La-La Leo likes this.
  4. La-La Leo

Wow, +7=87. @tiffmaxee, is this the drop you thought Leo would see today? He did get the .75 (increase from .50).

Ashleigh & Ares likes this.
  5. La-La Leo

Yes, I feed Leo extra during the day, and try to notate his SS. I had a Dr appointment and was gone for about two hours.

6. La-La Leo

going back to .5U for tonight's shot

Hold the dose for at least a week:​
      • Unless your cat won’t eat or you suspect hypoglycemia
      • Unless your kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L). If kitty falls below 90 mg/dL (5 mmol/L) decrease the dose by 0.25 unit immediately.
    Meanwhile, I'm used to a high PMPS and if for some reason it's less, I'll definitely need to understand this:

"How to handle a lower than normal preshot number:

Until you collect enough data to know how your cat will react, we suggest following the guidelines in the FDMB's FAQ Q4.4:
    Q4.4. My cat's pre-shot level was way below the usual value. Should I give the injection?
    A4.4. There's no hard and fast rule, but if you don't have data on how your cat responds to insulin, here are some general guidelines.​
      • Below 150 mg/dl (8.3 mmol/L), don't give insulin.
      • Between 150 and 200 (8.3-11.1 mmol/L), you have three options:
        • a.) give nothing
        • b.) give a token dose (10-25% of the usual dose)
        • c.) feed as usual, test in a couple of hours, and make a decision based on that value
    • Above 200 (11.1 mmol/L) but below the cat's normal pre-shot value, a reduced dose might be wise.
    • In all cases, if you are reducing or eliminating insulin, it's wise to check for ketones in the urine.
    • Above the normal pre-shot value, give the usual dose, but if the pre-shot value is consistently elevated, it's a good idea to schedule a full glucose curve to see whether a change in dose or insulin is appropriate. In most cases, the target "peak" value should not be below 100 mg/dl (5.6 mmol/L), and for some cats it might be higher.
    Keep in mind these are general guidelines, and they should be personalized to your own cat's response to insulin. If your experience is that your cat does not became hypoglycemic with a dose which is close to her usual, then personal experience should be your guide."

Sure would be easier to see this from my phone rather than the laptop.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

How long till PMPS? Any tests after that +7?

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. I didn’t take long, lol.

9. La-La Leo

Is it odd PMPS BG gets so high? Just five hours after the green (87)?

10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

He is bouncing from the lower numbers. Newly diagnosed cats can bounce quite high quite fast.

La-La Leo and tiffmaxee like this.
  11. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

i like those greens that are popping up all over!:D

La-La Leo likes this.