2/14 Edward AMPS-337, 240@+3, 98@+6, 79@+9

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SnowKat, Feb 14, 2020.

1. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Yesterday

Well, I must say that those high numbers after last night’s shot, and then this AMPS of 337, are surprising! There is no scent of insulin on Edward’s fur, and both my husband and I are positive we got a good shot last night. Ugh - just when it seems like we are making progress, numbers go wonky. This is frustrating.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Glad to see that 98@+6 today :) Maybe those pinks from last night & this morning were a bounce from yesterday's 61@+6?? Who knows... he may have even dipped into the 50s prior to that +6 yesterday...

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Looks like a typical bounce to me

Bouncing - is simply a reaction to what the cat's system perceives as a BG value that is "too low". "too low" is relative. If a cat is used to BG in the 200s, 300s or higher for a long time, then even a BG o 150 can trigger a "bounce". Bouncing can also be triggered if the BG drops too low and/or too fast. The pancreas, then the liver release glucogon, glycogen and counter-regulatory hormones. The end result is a dumping of "sugar" into the bloodstream. *Usually* bounces clear within 3days (6 cycles).

He went high last night, since he hit low 60s, and now it looks like he is in the process of clearing the bounce today.

SnowKat likes this.
  4. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Good point, Christie - I suspect that Edward has been hovering in the 300 range for probably about a year and a half prior to his diagnosis, in hindsight :banghead: As I continue to study his SS, it kind of looks like he tends to bounce into pinks within 24-36 hours, after he drops below 70-ish. I sure hope he decides to get off his pogo stick soon!

5. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

Hmm. Just fed a LC snack after his +9 test. It’s unusual for him to be lower at +9 than at +6.

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice numbers this afternoon...looks like Edward is getting the hang of this...watch out for that next bounce. It's common for kitties to bounce high after hitting those nice normal numbers - he's not used to that...so he'll be up/down a few more times...buckle your seatbelt!

SnowKat likes this.
  7. SnowKat

SnowKat Member

@Sue and Luci you were SO RIGHT about the bounce! He jumped up to 348@+11 after PM dose! Yikes...

Sue and Luci likes this.