19/08 Thor AMPS 457, +4 125, +7 210, PMPS 193

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sofia, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Sofia

Sofia Member

We just had our lowest ever PMPS reading, 193, usually in the 400s… Since increasing to 1.5 units Lantus, we seem to be moving in the right direction, but tonight I panicked, didn’t know what to do so gave just 1 unit.
    Did I do the right thing? I’ll get another few readings in tonight

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

I will tag a few members for you. I see you are following TR you needed to get at least one note test in during the night time cycle which was on 8-16, 8-17 and 8-18

Edit Sofia since you are following TR since 11-8-2022 can you add a line above that date on your spreadsheet and put Started TR so members can see that right away

@Bandit's Mom

@Wendy&Neko

@Suzanne & Darcy

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

When you ge5 a lower than normal preshot, STALL AND DO NOT FEED. Then test again in 20-30 to see if the bg is rising. How long has it been since Thor ate? It takes 20-30 minutes for the food to bring up the bg so if you can monitor you can shoot if the bg is rising and you have supplies. That means testing as late as needed. Diane is correct that you are not testing enough fir TR and all cycles need a MINIMUM of 2 tests, preshot and one more. The +2 is a good one as it is often onset and if the same or lower than the preshot means it might be an active cycle.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sofia
    Hi when you post on the Lantus board we have a certain way to post
    Date Thor AMPS# and any tests after that like the BG number @+2 ,etc
    To go back and add those tests to your title look to the right and you will see the word Thread Tools tap on that then tap on Edit Title , add those tests and tap save
    You can continue with his PMPS numbers on the same title :cat:
    We also link your previous days post to the new one

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Elise
    I see she already shot 1 unit at PMPS instead of her usual 1.5
    @tiffmaxee :cat:

7. Ashleigh & Ares

Ashleigh & Ares Well-Known Member

Glad to see Thor moving lower!

8. tiffmaxee

A reduced dose might still give you an active cycle. Start with a +2.

9. Sofia

Sofia Member

Done, I think it’s ok now.. thank you

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sofia
    Perfect also
    Edit Sofia since you are following TR since 11-8-2022 can you add a line above that date on your spreadsheet and put Started TR so members can see that right away
    @Sofia

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  11. Sofia

Sofia Member

Than
    Thanks for the info, still learning.. tonight it was about 2 hours before PMPS that he ate. It’s usually quite difficult to go a clean 2 hours without food so I think that’s what normally bumps his numbers up, it’s usually more like 1.5 hours last feed before PMPS. I’m a bit off routine in these few days as we’re on holiday, but I’ll get another test or two in during the evening. Thank you

12. Diane Tyler's Mom

Sofia since you are following TR since 11-8-2022 can you add a line above that date on your spreadsheet and put Started TR so members can see that right away
    @Sofia. Thank you :cat:

13. Sofia

Sofia Member

Sorry, I also want to confirm…. So if the PMPS is lower than usual and I stall feeding, if after 20/30 minutes it’s rising, do I give a full dose and monitor closely? Is there a minimal that it has to be risen? How do I calculate whether it’s a full or reduced dose? Thanks

14. tiffmaxee

It’s definitely safe to shoot a full dose if 200+. We gradually lower the stall and no shot numbers. If not going up, you can’t monitor, or under that ask for dosing help. If told to shoot whoever says that will stick with you and guide you until safe to stop testing. It’s an unwritten agreement with dosing help. As you can see Thor is bouncing from going lower than his usual. That often happens and is normal.

15. Sofia

Sofia Member

Thank you. Following on from last night, this morning amps was 209 and he got a full 1.5 units… but that bumped him very low and he’s coming up very slowly. (Thor is fine, normal self, alert etc, but I’m keeping an eye). I’m already worried for tonight, given that his numbers are rising so slowly, and he’s been eating quite normally. I don’t want to have to skip a shot because we seem to be making an improvement, though it seems a sudden drastic improvement, almost too much.

16. tiffmaxee

Sometimes you hit a breakthrough and then you are in for a ride down the dosing scale. It can be hectic but is a very good sign.

When a BG is under 50 you need to feed high carbs. A reduction has been earned the new dose will be 1.25. That is too low a BG. There will likely be a bounce so don’t be surprised if the BG is really high at PMPS.

17. Sofia

Sofia Member

Ok, thank you. I’ll no doubt be writing on here again this evening! Whatever happens anyway tonight, our new dose is 1.25 from now on?

18. tiffmaxee

Yes. You will stick with 1.25 unless the reduction fails. The higher depot will be in play for as many as 4-6 cycles so you will need to keep monitoring and feed mc if he starts to drop into the 60’s. When you see a bg under 50, feed hc and test again in 20-30 minutes. Don’t be shy about posting for help.

I almost missed this. Post a new condo every day. If you did I saw this first. If you haven’t yet start one now and link this to it. Put today’s bg numbers in the title. If you need help add the question mark prefix so people notice you need help and if under 50 it’s fine to add a 911. You sure were calm! Congrats on the reduction.