18-Feb: Tyler & M:17thAMPS=439:+10=205:PMPS=256:+2=169 18th AMPS+200: +5=187:+10=175:PMPS=225:+2=225

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago.

Tyler came home late yesterday afternoon & has once again taken up his best defensive position under the downstairs bed.

Biopsies were clear of C. Awaiting blood test results after the weekend. His eye was attended to & the inner eyelid stitched shut. I have ointment for later when the stitches are removed.
    He stayed overnight with the usual fluids. Ultrasound showed pancreas still inflamed as before . As mentioned vet may suggest steroid action despite the risks.

This morning's poop was a soft stool.

He was sent home with the temgesic again + vibravet + a few Hills i/d food cans which are far too high in carbs. He is also sporting a collar which I think must be given to those cats deemed too feeble to sort themselves out as it does not stop Ty washing his own chops at all. What it does do is scare the bejabers out of Dusty .

Ty is a bit fed up of all the poking and prodding and I do not blame him. Even an ear test is poxing him off a bit. Going in for a bum/tail clean brings front paws into action and a defensive reverse action so apart from a bit of a quick wipe , I'm leaving him in peace.

IMG_2033.JPG

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, Ty! :bighug::bighug:

Why did they stitch his eyelid shut? Is it to protect his eye after the biopsy?

I have to say that's a cute collar with dancing piggies. :joyful:

3. PussCatPrince - GA

Yes. It acts like an eye patch to keep in the ointment and protect the wound following sorting out the eye ulcers.

Ahem missus. Dancing piggies when over the age of 90. No wonder he looks a little cheesed orf.
    Said collar should maybe have been in the style of a shirt and bowtie or cravat as befitting his grand old age.:p

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

5. PussCatPrince - GA

I am a bit concerned over the BG readings given he is being fed a high carb food & on 1 unit 2xday plus these assorted meds.

Not all cats react by going BG high it seems. He certainly didn't .

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Ty. He's been through a lot. I'm glad he is home with you. Sending prayers.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  7. Moose (GA) & Rae

Moose (GA) & Rae Member

Ty is still a dapper fellow!

8. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Glad he’s home. Sending vines for quick healing

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Poor old man! I hope he feels better soon. :bighug:

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Oh poor Ty, the embarrassment of the cone of shame with the extra insult of dancing piggies! :facepalm:

I hope his eye heals up quickly and his poops continue to be more of the solid variety. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Ty, I imagine he is fed up with the poking and prodding. Glad to hear the biopsy was negative for C! I hope he is on the fast track to full recovery soon. :bighug:

12. LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles

LeeAnn (Lannie)& Freckles Member

Awe, Ty. If be sick of the poking and prodding, too. I'd love to see you in the collar Mandy found.

13. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww PrincePuss..still quit the daper fellow. It should be a crown! :) big :bighug::bighug: head bumps mr. Sour puss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.