18-Feb Maverick AMPS 272|+5.75 61|+6.5 110|PMPS 193

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yesterday

I woke up in the middle of the night and pondered whether to get a test in, Maverick and Jester were both nicely curled up with me :cat:. I was curious, so I figured might as well fill in a nighttime test after my usual tests.

Thought since we'd only increased last night, it would still be another cycle or two...nope +5.75 = 61. I wish I could have gotten home a bit earlier, but oh well. He came up nicely with some 6%.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A good thing you got home for lunch! Are you following the reduction guide lines for long term diabetics?

4. Christie & Maverick

I know! He did have a snack coming up, but I'm glad I saw it... that's getting a wee bit low. Yes, I decided I'll hold the dose and wait for 2 more under 68. That's what I did with Lantus as well. Thank you for continuing to help, I know I'm a bit of a pain with my AT2 meter.

I might just need to bite the bullet again and transition back to a human meter so I don't continue to confuse people. I'm a bit unsure with the Freestyle Lite, I just kept finding I didn't trust the readings, and numbers in the 60s would make me bring out the higher LC, when he probably didn't need it. That's why I went back to the AT2. But I suppose better to err on the side of caution. I'm finding it hard to mentally evaluate every AT2 number I get, especially since I need to feel comfortable making dose decisions (reductions in particular). It's a bit of a mess :rolleyes:.

5. Christie & Maverick

PMPS = 193, I'm okay with that since someone was paddling around the deep end of the lagoon earlier! If this is our bounce, I'm taking it!

Si am cat mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  6. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Nice catching Mav at the lagoon today!! He seems to really like Lev and his new dose.

I used to use a Onetouch ultra (human) meter and changed over to OneDrop, it's a subscription so you pay monthly $67.27, (CND). You get the kit which includes the meter and 100 strips and then unlimited strips, that you can order 300 at a time. I received my first 300 about 3 weeks ago and recently ordered another 300 so I have lots in reserve. Delivery takes about 2 weeks from when you place the order. Also, the drop of blood needed is tiny, a lot less than what I was used to. And there's an app that connects through Bluetooth from the meter to your phone so you get all kinds of fun info like average BG for the day...I love it.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  7. Christie & Maverick

Thank you Sonia, I have the OneTouch Ultra but it sure needs a big drop! I kept getting errors so I gave up, apparently patience isn't my strong suit lol. That was my biggest worry in trying to find something else. I was going to ask my pharmacist about the Accuchek as well, I think that's just a little bigger drop than I'm used to, and I'll have a peek at that One Drop deal. He does really like Lev so far :), it's crazy but he didn't really go much higher than 280s for 6 days now. That was unheard of on Lantus for us.

Sonia & Leo likes this.