18/2 Mauer AMPS 158, +3 160, +4 133, +5 140, +6 133, +7 155, +9 171

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SashaV, Feb 18, 2021.

1. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Yay! Blue again!

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Morning Sasha.
    Nice blue start again.

As @Bandit's Mom said, keep the HC in the cupboard, unless he drops below 50.:)
    Hope you managed to get some rest last night.
    Here is yesterdays thread for continuitiy
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...7-79-8-95-pmps-131.243250/page-2#post-2743441

Maybe grab a +3, Lev onsets around +4, but just in case he onsets earlier you can feed him some LC earlier in the cycle to try and have him stay flat in the greens.

I'm in and out this morning I have chores in our garden.
    Shout for help if you need it

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  3. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

you shot blue last night, and she stayed Blue! Great cycle! Kepp those good numbers coming Mauer!

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Feed a little LC every hour - even if you don't test. May prevent a dive at onset.

5. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Oh I forgot the link again. Got distracted by a huge spider in my kitchen.
    Thanks! And thanks for being there last night :bighug:

I'm totally envious of your garden chores! My garden is under water, with all this rain and snow :arghh:

I'm going to need a nap soon, my sleep didn't count as much with all that testing..

Thanks again Gill :bighug:

Gill & George likes this.
  6. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

She freaking stayed blue@ it's a win! :D

Great idea Bhooma! I'll do just that, and grab myself a nap :smuggrin:

7. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Come back to the lagoon, Mauer:D!
    Nice cycles yesterday.
    Now that Mauer is getting into better numbers and you're needing to test more, grab sleep whenever you can get it! If you can nap, then nap. Don't squander any opportunity for sleep:bighug:.

8. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Test MORE?! I had three hours of no testing her AM cycle yesterday :eek:

Someone on my Facebook owes me a nap. She replied 8(!!!) times in the same thread, so 8 notifications :banghead: buzz buzz buzz you get the idea :woot:

But I see where you're going :D

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Lol! I'm not saying to test more than what you did. I'm just saying if Mauer is going to stay green more, and we hope she will, you'll be testing more so if you get a three hour window where you don't need to test....use it for sleep!:D
    Unfriend:p:joyful: lol!!!!;)

SashaV likes this.
  10. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Just like with a baby! :D:p
    Gosh I want her spreadsheet to look like Butters!

11. Bandit's Mom

Be careful what you wish for! I shall remind you of this. :p
    Lyla still holds the record of most number of tests in a cycle! In recent times.

12. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Gosh when? This year?
    I wish for remission! Come on, Bhooma give me one beautiful remission please?!:joyful::rolleyes:

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  13. Bandit's Mom

Really? If I was handing them out like candy, would Bandit be refusing to get off the trampoline after 15 months?
    Btw, the longer we make this thread with chit-chat (and I love chit-chat), the more difficult it will be for folks to read through it when you need help. :confused:

14. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Well, isn't there a saying that cats is like their owners?o_O
    You're totally right!
    I didn't feed at +5, since she went back up.
    Can't decide if I'm skipping the +6 or just keep testing?
    I'm going out +7.30 for about an hour. Just across the street, but still..

15. Gill & George

Since they nadir later with Lev (typically +7+8), you may want to get a test just before you head out the door and leave him a snack if you feel you need to.

SashaV likes this.
  16. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I'm not skipping. Who am I kidding! I didn't feed last test, so there's a possibility that she's gone lower. So if I test now, I can feed if she's lower, or not of she's higher so I have more control. Yeah, I'm testing.

I don't ever leave the house without testing :oops:

Bandit's Mom and Gill & George like this.
  17. Gill & George

Neither did I when George was on the juice

SashaV likes this.
  18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A little more juice might put her there. This is cycle 14 on this dose. With TR we hold doses 10 cycles with greens. You might wonder at my sanity, but let's see what she does tomorrow at this dose. She did have the one time with nadirs in the 50's, but a little more juice would also bring down the higher numbers. So I'm just putting the idea out there for you to mull over.

I didn't when Neko was on Lantus, I did when she was on Levemir. Neko became a lot more predictable then. Or I got better at reading her. :p Plus it's still early days for Mauer, she's still working on learning how to work with Levemir.

19. Bandit's Mom

Hi Wendy, Sasha was feeding Mauer 17% carbs for the last week or so thinking the food was low carb. We discovered this just yesterday morning. She didn't want to make the food change last night and today's cycle is the first on where she has fed only LC. Do you think it makes sense to hold the dose for a few more cycles till we see if the food change brings numbers down?

20. Wendy&Neko

I did say to hold the dose and see what she does tomorrow. She seems to be showing an every 4 cycles pattern, though now that I've mentioned it, and with today's flat blues, she might change her mind.:cat: And that should give you a few cycles on the food change too.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

So, to be perfectly clear, I hold the dose a little further because of my little hiccup with the undercover LC?

I do by the way want her down to the 5% carb, I was planning on that tomorrow.
    The 7% I've given today, is fish... I'm trying to feed less fish, so that's why I usually only use 85g to mix with 5% at their free night meal.

Considering the 17% carb, I actually think she's been doing awesome! But I do hope it's the levemir, not the carbs :nailbiting:
    And with that in mind, I'd like some more time on this dose, I think..

But thank you for your thoughts, Wendy! I like knowing what's going on, and the next step :rolleyes:

Any predictions on this PM cycle?
    I'm in desperate need for some quality sleep.
    And I've learned that Wendy and Bhooma is 99.9% right, don't ever repeat that or I'll deny I ever said it!:facepalm::p

22. Wendy&Neko

Do you do late afternoon naps well? I'd nap (or at least not test) until PMPS time.

23. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

That's another thing
    I have ADD, and I'm medicated with Ritalin. Ritalin makes me awake on a usual day dose, napping is impossible. One pill lastes 12 hours. If I predict something that might need my attention I take a minor dose, so I can sleep, but not too deep. If not, I could sleep from World War three....
    So napping is impossible, witch is why I'm maybe a bit obsessed with my sleep, cause I can't catch up... and I can't sleep in either cause someone needs juice. So I'm pretty locked in that way :oops:
    Not taking my medication is not an option either, cause then I'd literally fall asleep anywhere... and wouldn't be able to focus on writing in a different language o_O

Gosh.. sounds like I'm whining about it :banghead:
    I just wanted to explain my obsession with my sleep, and the importance since naps isn't possible.
    Hope it makes sense..

24. Wendy&Neko

I had an aunt with narcolepsy on Ritalin. I totally get it. :bighug:

25. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

Allright but it's not THAT bad, more like.. easier to choose to sleep:rolleyes:
    That must be absolutely awful with narcolepsy!:eek:

26. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

191!
    Any predictions?
    If I were only to test once, when would it be?
    Perhaps twice, and I'm planning on going to bed in 20 minutes.

27. Gill & George

Can you leave snacks for him in an autofeeder while you sleep.

+3 or +4, if he has dropped significantly by then you know it may well end up being an active cycle. The bigger the drop at that point the more active the cycle, you may have to check again later.

I don't know how that works with your meds.

28. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

I always leave food out when I leave or go to sleep. Today 7% and 5%.
    So I'll do a +4, and then I'll know if another test is needed.
    I'm so tired that I'm thinking I'll need help waking up, so I'll do another Rita-night o_O
    I just invented that word :p

I'm hoping she'll at least stay blue. I want those 24 hours of ALL blue!

29. Gill & George

careful what you wish for.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  30. SashaV

SashaV Well-Known Member

That means you think there's potential too Gill! :D:bighug:
    It really feels like she's going in the right direction now. It's hard on me, and she's not that comfortable in the good numbers yet, but we'll eventually get used to it. Right now she's talking, she's more her old self around her shots.

Goodnight Gill :bighug: