15 Aug 2022 - Whiskey AMPS=92 +2=122 +3=92 +6=85 +10=79 PMPS=119 +2=126 +3=92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by stannarp, Aug 14, 2022.

1. stannarp

stannarp Member

Hi all,

Previous thread here:

14 Aug 2022

0.25u

Regards,

Patricia

First post in this thread:
    Posting meantime, will update with previous thread shortly, just need to get the morning started.

I have about a 55 minute window to shoot (until 06h45) as her PM shot was 18h15.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Can you monitor? If yes then shoot. With TR you can shoot 50 or over.

stannarp likes this.
  3. stannarp

stannarp Member

Thanks Elise, I can. It's her lowest pre shot number in a while so I got nervous.

4. tiffmaxee

I get it. It’s progress but a little scary. She’s feeling better? The dental might just be starting to work it’s magic. I am remembering correctly?

Bandit's Mom and stannarp like this.
  5. stannarp

stannarp Member

Weird, I did a reply but apparently forgot to post it (pre coffee, sorry!)

Yes, the dental did help a LOT - she's gone down from 1u to 0.25u since.

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day, but I think that day 5 of the 2nd course of antibiotics the vet prescribed as a precaution made her feel awful, and her BG was all over the place as well, but today she's back on a better look.

I think her pancreas is definitely trying to do it's job, which is a good thing, if a bit hair raising at times!

tiffmaxee and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. stannarp

stannarp Member

30g MC at AM+2.4, she was very vocal and demanding food; which I have learned is a sign that BG is dropping quite fast, will test again at +4.

If she is steady at +6 again - need to get more strips today, she's gone through a whack load this month!

7. stannarp

stannarp Member

She was sleeping quietly and didn't want food at +4 so I left her and tested again at +6, all good - but tonight may be interesting!

tiffmaxee and Sugar’s Mama like this.
  8. tiffmaxee

All good signs!:D

stannarp likes this.
  9. stannarp

stannarp Member

LC + 1 teaspoon of gravy at PMPS time, and same at PM+2.

10. tiffmaxee

Why gravy at pmps? That’s usually if under 50.

stannarp likes this.
  11. stannarp

stannarp Member

In general, she tends to drop like a stone somewhere between 01h45 and 02h15 after her PM shot. Then gets dangerously low at around +2.5. At that point, even giving her ONLY gravy food barely brings her up to a safe level.

Happened here: 12 Aug 2022. At +2.5, she was only 3.6 and only after another teaspoon of gravy food did she start coming up.

So, if I allow her to drop too fast at night I have to stay up to +4 to make sure she's OK.

Then, if I do that I stay awake most of the night (happens if I go to sleep too late), and my health suffers after too many nights like that (last time we were on this roller coaster I ended up with an ME relapse).

This is my strategy to keep Whiskey safe and her caretaker functional.

tiffmaxee likes this.