12/29/20 Chicamonkey AMPS 528/+2 440/+11 397/ PMPS 467/ +5 375/+7 359/+11 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzi and Chicamonkey, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm hoping an increase is coming soon...numbers are still too high. Even last night, although she did drop nicely...the next thing to do would have been get one more test to see if she continued to slide down or didn't have enough insulin to bring those numbers down further.

Suzi and Chicamonkey likes this.
  3. Suzi and Chicamonkey

Suzi and Chicamonkey Member

Yes agreed. Her vet did email me again and is onboard with an increase finally.
    Will get more data from night time and increase soon

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

The problem is there is those blacks and we have to ask what is triggering that response?
    With the vacuum in testing in the pm cycle, we have to at least consider that something may be going on at that time, in particular when the BG has been dropping significantly at +4 and we have no data to support how low the dose really went.
    We don't know if this is yet a case of
    • not enough insulin
    • or too much insulin
    more data is needed, not a lot more, but it is important to confirm.

I'm glad the vet is on board, if she should need more.
    Instead of waiting till thursday, are you able to do what @Sandy and Black Kitty suggested yesterday and set an alarm to get a test at + 7 one night then +9 another for example, wall to wall testing in the early hours is not necessary just some spot checks to see if she is doing something crazy.
    If you could do that over today and tomorrow, and she needs more insulin, then you can take the dose up while you will be at home.