12/2 Jackson AMPS 183 +1.25 250 +6 337 +10 424 PMPS 358 +3 379

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Skye & Jackson, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...321-9-315-11-308-pmps-325-2-280-5-214.271352/

@Wendy&Neko , @Bandit's Mom

Looks like holding the dose was the right choice!! High blues fairly steady since midnight (+6), with nadir of ~150 at +9. And Jack’s lowest AM preshot ever!! Whoo!

I wish that he wouldn’t probably bounce from it later, of course… then again I don’t want him taking any dives while I’m at work either. Would some more blues be too much to ask though….?

Jackson also had the zoomies in early morning. Briefly woke me around 5AM… I was aware of it continuing in bursts until my alarm went off and I fully woke at 6. I literally can’t remember the last time he did that. Since long (years) before he actually had diabetes. I think his new diet may be healing other ailments as well. Maybe he had a food allergy, or food-caused inflammation, that we never figured out. I took him off grains a few years back to sort out urinary issues, but I never took him off carbs before.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Zoomies are definitely a sign that he is feeling good! Great to see that long stretch of blues. He might slowly head up from here.
    How many hours after the AM shot do you usually leave for work?

Skye & Jackson likes this.
  3. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

I leave in 5 minutes from now - 30 minutes from shot time. My cousin can check him though before she starts work, and at spots through the day. Just not hover over him

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

That's fine. If s/he can check at +2 and feed that would be great.

5. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

No need to feed unless he’s trending low; normally he munches small amounts on his own (YA Zero) between the two pre-shot wet meals. But she did check him even before that, and he was already climbing. Back in pink by lunchtime… sigh. Guess that’s what the patience pants are for? Waiting out the bouncing?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's great to hear that Jackson is feeling better. I hear of so many cats start to get their kitten back. :)

The thing about the dose, your goal with SLGS is to get his nadirs between 90 and 149. Looks like he's really close, but not quite there on this dose. I do think an increase is in his future. That'll help get rid of some of those higher numbers too.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the zoomies. Glad Jackson is feeling so good. I hope he clears the bounce soon.

Skye & Jackson likes this.
  8. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the blue preshot. You are making progress... slow and steady does the job. :)

9. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

Despite the bounces? Lol. I do see progress when I look back at a long view, just in the moment (especially during the 3/4 of the time he seems to spend bouncing) sometimes it’s hard to. Jack’s playing last night, although it made me lose sleep I desperately need, also made me so happy. Even when it was my foot he pounced on through the covers lol.

I am aware that high blues still aren’t ideal - I’m just delighted at this stage for any blues, lol. @Wendy&Neko , when do you think would be a good time to try a re-increase?

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When you think he can be monitored. Are you working on the weekend?

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  11. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

Not working this weekend. I have to do some things around the house, and a grocery trip at some point, but I’ll at least be here most of the time.

If I keep him a full week on 1.25, that would mean increasing Sunday morning. Otherwise if you think it ok, I could start tomorrow (Saturday).

Along with that is the question of exactly what to increase to. Should I try going back up to 1.5 units, or should I try an in-between first, like a skinny 1.5?

12. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

384 at +4. Gonna be a high bounce night. I’ve made sure he has plenty of food and fresh water. I’m exhausted… need sleep. Good night, all. Hopefully I will find answers to my questions left here in the morning. :)

13. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I am glad you went ahead and increased this morning (looks like it on your spreadsheet anyway.) I was going to say this last night (since you were so close to holding that dose for a week) but was waiting for Wendy to reply. Anyway... since you can monitor I think it's fine that you increased him today and didn't wait until Sunday night -- much better since you can keep an eye on him this weekend and see how things go. Good luck with the increase.