? 11/9 Mo -AMPS 229, +3 286, +11 443??????

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by katy and mo (GA), Nov 10, 2020.

1. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Previous Post

Mo is still doing really well since coming home from the vet last week for his pancreatitis. He's pretty much back to normal. Even doing things he never used to since before his diabetes diagnosis, like sleeping in bed with us again! This morning we saw his lowest number yet (229), which all very exciting. However, Mo went from 229 this morning to being in the mid-400s this evening? What could be the reason for this?

He's starting to get really worked up when we want to test him close to a meal and he's growling and hissing at us, which he never did before. Is there a chance that this number could be due to him being worked up so much?

Once he has eaten, he is the sweetest. I know he's not starving because he's been putting on weight since he got pancreatitis. I'm just worried something is happening :(

2. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

And now he is 27.8/500. He has just eaten but it's not normal to be that high after eating. I'm freaking out :(

3. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

I wonder if he's bouncing from hitting that low (to him) 229 earlier today.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree he’s bouncing.

5. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Thank you! I am so new to all of this it's quite shocking seeing such high numbers for him. Any ideas on how long this can last for?

6. Lisa & Oberon

I've read that it can take up to 6 cycles to clear a bounce, but it really depends. Oberon seems to clear a bounce induced by low numbers within a cycle or two most of the time. (But he's an IAA kitty so his situation may be different.)

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  7. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Thanks Lisa :)

This definitely gives me hope. Sounds like it's all just part of the diabetes rollercoaster!

8. Lisa & Oberon

Yep! I'm on a bit of a ride myself right now. From 470 at PMPS to 81 at +7. He's new to these low numbers so I need to keep an eye on him until I know what to expect.

katy and mo (GA) likes this.
  9. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Good idea! It sounds like he is really making progress :)

I tested Mo at +9 and he is back to 308 (YAY!!!). Hopefully my partner is able to test him before his breakfast this morning. It's getting harder and harder to do right before eating because he gets so feisty.

Lisa & Oberon likes this.
  10. Lisa & Oberon

I've been known to "cheat" a little by giving Oberon a bit of freeze dried chicken (no carbs) just to settle him down to get the test done before his meal. Glad Mo's coming back down.