11-30 MONEY FIRST SHOT amps/329 +1/311 +2/311 +3/300 +4/257 +5/283 +6/307 +7/293 +8/338 +9/347

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roxy450, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

HEY EVERY1 !!! I HAVENT BEEN HERE FOR MONTHS SINCE MONEY WAS IN REMISSION .. I thought we was out the woods and had beat the monster called diabetes … recently i noticed a change in her behaviour .. hungry all the time , bigger pees … tested her and she’s been consistently in 200+ :(

I’ve installed a freestyle libre 2 since yesterday and rates are getting higher .. vet agreed back to treatment again … SAD DAY !!!! I’m feeling a little stressed .. seems as tho I put all this far back in my mind to the point that I feel like a new bee!! Hahah !!

gave her first shot 0.5 this morning ….wish us luck and any advise is WELCOME over here !!

thanks You guys are the best !

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Sorry Money is out of remission. I suspect it started sooner. Did you test at all between May and now ? Did your vet check her teeth? Complete labs? Have you been feeding only lc?

3. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Thanks Tiff ..me too :(

no he didn’t do tests .. I called him and gave a day curve and he said to start on 0.5 .. I have apt for her teeth in 2 weeks … I heard it costs a fortune tho … trying to figure out how to pay for it !!!!

i kept her on same food since this all started which is ff pate .. same food schedule as well … only sumtimes if I know I’ll be out long I’ll give the lunch before leaving .. but all in alll not much change …

I suspected it as well .. I think I was in denial !!!!!

I did do sum testing here and there but lost most of the data since I wasn’t putting in SS … I just managed to create a new one and will be filling it in as I go along .. there is sum tests showing on one of Ss but can’t seem to merge them so started new …

4. tiffmaxee

Chai's dental was over $1500 but I joined care club and I have insurance. So I am paying it off monthly and for a year have 90% covered by insurance and care club for vet appointments. The X-rays and dental were covered by care club and labs by insurance. Vet bills are extremely high where I live and also hard to find good ones. If you do a dental you will need labs to make sure it is safe to go under anesthesia.

5. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

OMGGGG DIDNT THINK IT WAS THAT HIGH !!! I’m in Canada and I tried getting insurance but because she had existing health problems no ins would take me !!! :(

and my vet hasn’t been the best at helping at allllll !!!! This group got my thrus moneys diabetes !!!! He only wanted more and more money all the time !!! Sooo I’m kinda back in my own with this !!! He didn’t even give any advise for treatment just told me u know what to do !!! Funny thing is this group taught me everything!!!!NOT HIM !

ps I know I need a new vet but money is very car sick and stressed… I’m not able to get in at any other vet close to home soooo I feel stuck with him :(

also since it’s first day bck on juice is there somethings I should look out for or know ..?

6. tiffmaxee

Hopefully Canadian prices are not as high as in California. Just check at +2-3 and if going down keep checking that often until on the way up.

Roxy450 likes this.
  7. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Looks like we going up ….and it’s a week at this dose correct .. ?

8. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Is it normal that her rates are higher then yesterday with no meds ?

9. tiffmaxee

It takes 5-7 days for depot to build.

Roxy450 likes this.
  10. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Roxanne, sorry to hear that Money is out of remission. Give it a couple of days on 0.5U and if you don't see better numbers, maybe she needs 1U. If she has been in higher numbers for a while, you might be seeing glucose toxicity - that is, her body has gotten used to higher numbers and is seeing a temporary insulin resistance.

11. Roxy450

Roxy450 Member

Heyy @Bandit's Mom !!! <3
    Ohh no .. that doesn’t sound good !!!
    Her curve hasn’t move all day … not sure if I shot properly tonight but nooo movement at all really ..!! What would this mean for treatment if she’s résistent … ?

upload_2022-11-30_21-49-44.png

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

The insulin resistance is temporary and it is only a matter of getting her to a good dose so that she breaks through the glucose toxicity into better numbers. Let us see what she does in the next 2-3 days on 0.5U.