11/30 Molly AMPS 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrienne & Molly (GA), Nov 30, 2022.

1. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Molly had some breakfast this morning.

Jackie and Biggie and Cali S like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad she ate some for you. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

@tiffmaxee should I mention prednisolone? to the vet. She's on cerenia at the moment.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  4. Jackie and Biggie

Jackie and Biggie Well-Known Member

I’m glad Molly ate today. :bighug:Cerenia didn’t seem to help my Molly at all but ondansetron helped a ton with nausea. They’re tiny pills and much less expensive than cerenia.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Definiely ask. It can't hurt. My Tiffany had intermediate cell intestinal lymphoma and started chemo but the oncologist missed an infection and destroyed her kidneys. Then no chemo. Prednisolone bout her about 9-10 months. Mandy had cancer but not properly diagnosed until in her lungs due to being on prednisolone for a very long time. She ate until the night before we said good-bye. That was also when I learned of the cancer. Many, many years ago.

Jackie and Biggie likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would definitely ask about prednisolone. It's a common part of treatments for cancer, might help her feel better. You might also want to ask about ondansetron, which can be given in addition to Cerenia. Cerenia is good for vomiting, but ondansetron is better for nausea. It's a human med. You get the vet to write you a prescription and you fill it at a human pharmacy. Do shop around, pricing varies a lot for it. And make sure you get the generic.

The other thing to ask the vet is if she thinks it's painful, some cancers can be. If so, some pain medicine, like buprenorphine, would help her quality of life.

7. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Okay thanks Wendy I'm still waiting for a reply. But I am going there after work. So hopefully I can get more meds for her