11.28 Charlie AMBG 63 PMBG 72 Day 14 OTJ Trial

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah & Charlie-cat, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Sarah & Charlie-cat Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...pmbg-78-day-13-otj-trial.284002/#post-3127350

Well, maybe that 63 explains why he spent all night screaming he was hungry, including a solid half hour of poking me in the face with his face and his paw. If he was on insulin, I would have hopped up to poke him and feed him (more than the 2 times I did) but I was like buddy, you can't be too low. Just lower than he's been all week

A strong start to our last day on the OTJ trial.

Now he gets weekly tests for a month and then what?

2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

3. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Hooray and congrats!!! :D:otj::D:otj:

Sarah & Charlie-cat likes this.
  5. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! Welcome to the Falls!!

Sorry my wife has been ill and not up to making you guys an OTJ video right now. Just a nagging cold I think, hopefully.

6. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

:otj::otj::otj::otj::otj::otj:

I'm jealous.... nice work, Sarah! :bighug::D:D:D:D:D Way to go Charlie-Cat!!!!

7. Karolina KJ

Karolina KJ Well-Known Member

Beautiful number on the last day.
    Way to go Charlie and Sarah.
    I hope your bags are packed. Enjoy the falls
    :cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D:cat::D

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Once he/she is through the trial successfully, you enter a new phase. Your cat is still diabetic but has now become diet-controlled. Continue feeding low carb food in the manner successful for your kitty. If you decide to changehis/her feeding schedule, let your meter be your guide to the best times to feed. Avoid medications with sugar inthem and steroid medications unless they are medically essential. Continue testing blood glucose weekly for the first month and then monthly forever. It's a good idea to weigh him/her monthly. Weight should remain stable. If he/she seems "off" or sick, or is showing signs of diabetes(excessive drinking, eating, urinating, weight loss), testhis/her blood glucose right away. Keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy; dental issues can bring a cat out of remission. If you see rising blood glucose numbers, it's time for a visit to the vet!

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Let's Party!
    Woo Hoo! Congrats Sarah and Charlie !!!
    [​IMG]

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Sarah & Charlie-cat
    Hi Sarah , just a suggestion a member gave me when Tyler went OTJ was to put OTJ and the Date in my signature :cat:

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats! You did it! :otj::otj::otj:
    Once he is through the trial successfully, you enter a new phase. Your cat is still diabetic but has now become diet-controlled. Continue feeding low carb food in the manner successful for your kitty. If you decide to change his feeding schedule, let your meter be your guide to the best times to feed. Avoid medications with sugar in them and steroid medications unless they are medically essential. Continue testing blood glucose weekly for the first month and then monthly forever. It's a good idea to weigh him monthly. Weight should remain stable. If he seems "off" or sick, or is showing signs of diabetes (excessive drinking, eating, urinating, weight loss), test his blood glucose right away. Keep the teeth and gums clean and healthy; dental issues can bring a cat out of remission. If you see rising blood glucose numbers, it's time for a visit to the vet!

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj::):cat::D:otj:

13. Sarah & Charlie-cat

I was going to wait until tonight to celebrate, but here is a very funny picture I took of him a few weeks back, he looks like he's laughing at me. Ha-ha! laugh.jpg

14. Fistuk & Shelly

Fistuk & Shelly Well-Known Member

:otj::otj::otj::otj::otj::otj::otj::otj::otj:
    :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:
    That's so exciting. Well done Sarah and Charlie:bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

He really does look like he's laughing at you, he's so precious :cat:

16. Sarah & Charlie-cat

72!

It's official! I can't believe I started fall semester off by driving him to Iowa to see if we could figure out why he was having recurring bouts of trying to die and his glucose wasn't budging at 6u if insulin, mere weeks after his most recent bout of trying to die. And we still have another week of classes before finals.

Excuse me, I have to go cry a minute and give him a million kisses and tell him he's a good boi

Tilda and Staci & Ivy like this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Woohoo! Way to go Charlie and Sarah, congratulations.:otj: You deserve a good cry after that hard year, and Charlie deserves those smooches.

Don't be a stranger, drop in occasionally with updates, and more cute photos.

18. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Congratulations to you and Charlie!! The best news!! May both of you have do good health. You’re done such a great job!!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::otj::otj::otj:

19. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Congrats you two. It’s been a heckuva ride this past year and I’m sure it felt overwhelming and hopeless at times. Sometimes it’s really rough in the beginning, and in your case, even worse than rough. Kudos for hanging in there and being Charlie’s advocate. Give him a few hugs and scritches for me. :cat:

Please hang around and pop in once in awhile. I’ll be thinking of you and wondering how Charlie is doing. Plus, your experiences might very well help others. Now, go celebrate!!

20. Lori C & Tango

Lori C & Tango Well-Known Member

Congratulations... great job! Wishing Charlie a forever remission:cat::cat::otj::otj::woot::joyful:

21. allicatmeow

allicatmeow Well-Known Member

Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!!! :otj::otj::otj:

22. Sarah & Charlie-cat

Chaz.jpg
    I'll definitely be sticking around to check on all your kitties and continue to learn about feline diabetes and related health issues. Between the FDMB and the Facebook group, I'm pretty sure he would be dead. This is an amazing community of folks, it's like the antidote to Twitter, the best of the internet. And here is an adorable picture that my husband edited for me, complete with party hat.

23. Lori C & Tango

Lori C & Tango Well-Known Member

Good job hubby... adorable!