11/26 Buddy PMPS 89 +2 54 +3 61 +4 44 +5 58

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sandra And Buddy (GA), Nov 26, 2020.

1. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Sandra And Buddy (GA) Well-Known Member

Last Condo

Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving, we did our part and stayed at home with just our household and it was nice :)

We have another green pre- shot! Even lower than the last one , I gave him a reducie tonight but still nervous. been a while since I have dealt with good numbers.

Good to see you! :) @Gill & George

Yes his teeth was my thought as well and had him check and all was good. he did show early signs of kidney disease and will be taking him back in next month for a re check. Other than that the vet was really pleased at how I was handling his diabetes and wishes more clients would do that.

The reduction on the 17th was because I thought he earned it but did not know about the "long term and under 40" I missed that in my reading. But then it looked like a failed reduction to me. The pm shot on the 23rd was because I was chicken! haha.

Now that I know the below 40 I will keep that in mind and hope that the reducie tonight will hold.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Gill & George likes this.
  2. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

54 @ +2 Dropping fast, may be a long night.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

The 3.75 unit depot is still in play.

Sandra And Buddy (GA) likes this.
  4. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

Yeah, I figured there was probably no way to avoid this, just have to keep him propped up. :)

5. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

May be in for a long night. :/

6. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

You missed the link to previous condo, here it is
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...amps-98-2-64-3-55-oh-boy.239097/#post-2686732

did he drop below 40? If he didn't I would probably have held the dose.
    just seems odd how he went 'off'....
    Do you trust your vet to have had a good look at his mouth?

We ended up in a right mess with George, his original vet didn't want to do any extractions because of his age/kidney/diabetes, so she just kept saying all was good at the check up. He ended up very sick, he was having convulsions, she kept saying she couldn't see anything wrong, wouldn't even give him AB. I took him for a second opinion because I had a feeling it was his teeth his gums looked inflamed to me... he had a loose tooth, horrible case of gingivitis, really bad infection. Anyways, he was given AB's to clear infection then had all but his canines and one molar extracted. Dr M saved his life.

I don't think the early kidney issues would be responsible for the BG going off...
    are you doing anything about that yourself at the moment? George has been at stage 2-3 for some time now, seems stable (anti jinx) we have him on regular low carb food that is lower than 1% phosphorus , and we add extra water to all of his meals, he also gets a vit B supplement. He also gets fed every 3 hours to avoid any acid tum problems. Vets tend not to treat kidney issues until they are more advance. Some changes to his food, may help slow progress.
    There's a really good website for CKD, worth reading for general info on management of CKD and treatment options etc
    Tanyas Site

There's a lot of information on there......

this section on diabetics and CKD is particularly helpful

https://www.felinecrf.org/diabetes.htm#diet

You can see George's lab results on his SS. I should really get another one to see how he is doing. It's complicated, 1hr drive to vet that I trust (george doesn't travel well and I don't want to stress him out, he's 21), other vet that's closer keeps messing the sample up.:rolleyes:

8. Sandra And Buddy (GA)

@Gill & George
    Thank you for the info! I will have a read and see what I can do.

I think it may have partly been my fault that he went off like he did, With this year being what it is and we had so many things go wrong I became more complacent and didn't stay on top of things, I quit coming to the board here for a while so I never got any advice or push in the right direction. I don't know, Maybe played a part at least.

I do trust this vet, he (they, there are a few in this office) have always been really good. Dr Mike has always been the one to make sure I knew about anything that was wrong.

Things are looking up at this point and I am determined to get him back under control. Since I already did reduce his dose I will let it stand for now. see what happens in the next day or so.

As always, Thank you so much for your advice, it is much appreciated.