11/25 Neko AMPS 150 +6 252 PMPS 235

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wendy&Neko, Nov 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yesterday

I am on the ferry, off to see the parents. DH is in charge. I hope he has more luck than me getting her to eat. Sometimes she doesn't want to eat much in the morning and later her appy picks up. I hope today is like that. I left three menu selections for DH to work with. :rolleyes: She has probably eaten only one third of her AM calories so far.

Although yesterday was nor out Thanksgiving, it's still a time of remembering and thanks. One year ago, Neko was on 7 units of insulin, today her dose was below the zero line. Yes, lousy bunch of syringes markings but an argument for calipers too. And it's still a pretty tiny dose for an acrocat.

Behave today kitties, that means you too Jack!

2. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

She sure has come a long way all because of her wonderful mama bean. Sending extra appy vines and prayers. Hope you enjoy the day with your parents.

Question on the calipers with bubble trouble. Meaning the size bubble varies with each dose so do the calibers eliminate that issue?

3. Wendy&Neko

No calipers don't get rid of bubble issues, I still might them every day. I just do the best I can. And sometimes toss the syringe and start with a new one.

Doodles & Karen likes this.
  4. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Enjoy your visit with your parents. And I hope that Neko's appetite will pick up and that she will eat for your DH.

5. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

Have a great day Wendy... and you be good while momma is away Neko :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Neko's appy picks up. It's great to see she's on such a small dose now. Enjoy your visit with your parents. Sending prayers.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Enjoy the time with your parents Wendy!
    Neko....be good for your daddy Bean! And eat your fuds!

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Appy vines....eat for DaddyBean, Neko! Enjoy visiting the folks, Wendy!

9. Wendy&Neko

Sigh, bounce, bounce, bounce.... Last night I thought I had set an alarm for +9 when I went to bed. When I heard an alarm, it looked more light outside than I thought it would at 4:30. Either I slept through it or didn't set it properly. :oops: Today we pay the piper.

DH found a new "trick" to help her eat. If you put two bowls out with two flavours, then she'll happily switch back and forth between the two and get more food in. I had noticed this before, but today I left him 3 bowls with 3 flavours and it was more obvious. I tried the same trick at dinner time. So far so good.:)

I had what I hope was a productive visit with the parents, every time I'm there there's stuff to do. DB is going there tomorrow, so he'll have more to do. At least it was dry today so I got some garden stuff done.

10. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

I was getting worried why Neko's today's condo wasn't up yet, but there you are!
    Today is 11/25, Wendy!
    And I'm happy to hear that you discovered a new trick! That's a great one.
    Sending more good appy vines. :bighug:

11. Wendy&Neko

Oops on the date.:oops:

12. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Neko is such a pretty girl!
    I am so happy your finding ways to get her to eat!

I use calipers but quite frankly they seem like a nuisance some times. I think it is easier to eye ball even and half numbers but they sure come in handy for .25 and.75.

I think I need a ferry ride. :) Its good for my heart and I miss it.
    It is nice here today as well and all the state parks were free admission so it was a great day for a long walk around another lake. Lots of thin veils of ice on the lake near the shore. It will soon be ice fishing season. We saw a black mink having a bath in the lake.:)

always thank you!

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Wendy.

Sounds like a good day all around - you got stuff done at the parents' place, and DH got Neko to eat.

Sending lots of good appy vines. How is Theo doing?

14. Wendy&Neko

Fat and happy. The weight Neko is losing is going over to him. :rolleyes: Thst's the pred talking. And him stealing her food. He still has a little limp on his hind leg - seems to be his "ankle" is sensitive. But it doesn't stop him from doing anything and it would probably be a lot of invasive procedures to figure out the problem, so we live with it. B/w has been great. Vetty wants to do a U/S next month to see what his insides look like.

15. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Yup, Pred made Harvey into a Hoover. I'm glad he's doing well. One less thing for your to worry about.

16. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

So funny...that's Trix's trick, too! It's so odd that so many of our L&LL kitties develop the same "quirks".

17. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad the new fuds trick is working. It's better than just tossing one out to try another for sure!

18. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Great eaating trick!

Odd about parents. When I hung with mine, I always went back to age 12.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.