? 11/23 - Dolly - AMPS 306 - 256@+2 - 117@+4 - 104@+5 - 77@ +6 - PMPS 115

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Our Dolly Girl (GA), Nov 23, 2020.

1. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-5-108-8-155-10-pmps-147.238961/#post-2685130

Hello :). I have gone over Dolly's SS for days like today but of course its never exactly the same and I want to be prepared. Her last drop was so big. I am very happy with 117 for the moment but do I let her drop to 50 (if she goes there) before taking action? I wish I felt more confident. :arghh: Thank you.

I would have waited to post but I have to go out at 3:00 (in 3 hours) for about an hour +

2. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I think Dolly’s probably not going to need any special food help today but if she’s lower than you’re comfortable with before you go out give her some carbs to tide her over then. Remember it will be getting towards the end of the cycle when the insulin is usually waning so you shouldn’t need to really load her up.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  3. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. I will check at +7 before we leave and decide if she needs a little mc.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  4. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Dolly is at a number that I've never shot before. I shot an 84 11/15. I'm pretty sure I will be fine but just maybe I might need some help.:eek:

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You did shoot an 84. Start with a +2. That will give you a clue as to how much you will need to test tonight.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.
  6. Vyktors Mum

Nice work from you and Dolly :D:cool:

7. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She is at 130@+2

8. tiffmaxee

I’d get a +4 but I doubt she will be looking for the sharks. Feeling better?

9. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Sounds good!! Thank you. :)

10. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

:D:cat:

11. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I don't know how you've all managed with the loss of sleep, broken sleep. You must have found a way to live on cat naps ;). I would and do like to think I would do anything for Dolly, all the cat's I've had, but I don't do as well physically as I once did. I know it will get better with time. Thanks for being here for us :cat::)

More important, you all do it for others (like me and Dolly). I hope you all know the deep appreciation I have for all you do.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  12. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

96@+4

13. Vyktors Mum

Surf it Dolly surf

14. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

What do I need to see to feel she will be safe? When will I be able to answer my own questions? I am exhausted.

15. Vyktors Mum

You haven’t had green at night for quite a while so I would want to check a bit more. I’m thinking it has been nearly an hour since +4 so how about we decide after a +5 if you might need to set an alarm?

16. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She's at 90@+5

17. Vyktors Mum

Does she have a feed before bed?

18. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

She just had some lc which she pretty much grazes on. I have some out for her now that I pick up in a few hours. She rarely will eat this late. This way past her bedtime and nightly routine.

19. Vyktors Mum

I’m thinking since she’s just had a nice LC snack sbe’ll be right. If it was me I’d probably want to check around +8 but I’m a bit paranoid and data mad. Maybe you can do the big drink of water thing and just check her whenever you get up to pee

20. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

I don’t need that water to make that happen except when I am this tired even that might not get me up. I’ll figure it out. Thank you.

21. tiffmaxee

Are you an early riser? Maybe think about moving your shot time up by a half hour or hour so you can go to sleep a earlier? Also if you put the +4 in the title it would have been an alert to me that she was dropping. I’m glad @Vyktors Mum caught it.

22. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Yes I am an early riser. I can’t do one more night like last night. I was going to send you a pm or start a conversation later. TR is not for me, physically I am falling apart. Need to know how to more forward, SLGS??? I have an ill husband and it’s all too much.

23. tiffmaxee

You won’t be good to anyone if you are feeling like this. You could definitely go back to SLGS. You might want to lower the reduction number a little so you keep the progress made. For example, take reductions if under 70. I’m just throwing out a number. I’d shoot at 6 or 6:30 as well if you wake up early so that you can stop testing earlier at night. You could also stay with TR but take reductions at 70 or not wait for 3 under 50 and reduce if ever under 50 or whatever number you choose. Lots of ways to make it work for you. Think about what will make life easiest for you. Regular SLGS is also an option.

LindyNova likes this.
  24. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

My head is not clear this am and husband has a drs appt. I will look at all you’ve suggested when I can think. I am so grateful for all of your support throughout. I have some questions about all of it, is a conversation the best method?

25. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

I agree with Elise. You are doing a great job, but if you are neglecting yourself + sleep, you can't be there for those who need you most--you husband. Adjusting your shoot time will be a real help to you. I am an early riser too, and getting 3+ hours sleep after +2.5pm (9pm my time--the new midnight!) allows me to get up and test and feed at midnight:30, while allowing me to also go back to sleep before pre-shot test for a couple hours if Nova doesn't go to low. I hope you find something that works for you.

It seems, both Nova and Dolly are keeping us on our toes, and their little livers are fighting the insulin dosages causing some big bounces and drops. Hang in there, do what you need to do for you. :bighug::bighug:

26. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Thank you. I have a lot to think about when my head is clearer.

27. tiffmaxee

No rush. You have options. Maybe I offered too many. I hope I haven’t confused you more. :bighug:

28. tiffmaxee

It’s fine to discuss in your new condo today or when you have time to think about all I just threw at you. That way others will voice their opinions too.