11/1Roni UPDATE -7:26

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara and tuffy, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I just had a call from Roni. They lost everything in the house. She said they had 5' of water in the house, clothes, furniture, all gone. She said her car was there and that too is gone. She is going to call me later when they get back to the motel. She will be going to Connecticut to stay in her brothers house probably on Sunday.

I told her to try and stay calm. We are all sending her vines and prayers. I so hoped the outcome would be better.

Thanks for all the support for Roni, Brad and Moonie. She did get to read some of the posts and was very thankful for your support.

*She has filed all the necessary paperwork and contacted a water extraction company.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/1Roni UPDATE - Not Good

What an awful situation. Thank you for the update, Barb.

FWIW, and I'm sure Roni knows this, the news reports are encouraging anyone with damage to report the claim immediately even if they don't know the full extent of the damage.

3. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow. Just horrible. I second what Sienne wrote - report damage now, get the claim started. Get your name in the queue now.

Lots of vines of every sort. Healing, calming, recovering, insurance ...

4. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow. Just horrible. I second what Sienne wrote - report damage now, get the claim started. Get your name in the queue now.

Lots of vines of every sort. Healing, calming, recovering, insurance ...

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no, how terrible and sad for Roni, DH & Moonie. Thanks for the update, Barb. I saw pictures on the news of her area and the houses and immediately thought of her. It's so unreal. Sending tons of vines, hugs and prayers.

6. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Oh no. I am so sorry to read this. Let her know we are all thinking about her and sending our love.

7. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Oh, give her lots of hugs from me and Spot

8. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

from me too :(. That is so awful :(

9. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

I'm sick over this. Poor Roni, hubby, & Moonie! This makes me so upset. Please give Roni my love.

Thank you Barbara for keeping us informed and helping Roni through this.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, Barbara, for keeping us up to date. This is unspeakably sad news. I was so hoping that the damage would not be so great. Roni told me yesterday that they had already filed with FEMA, so I know that they are on top of all of that. I hope that all will progress as smoothly as possible. Edward and I both are thankful that they have each other and Moonie. The house can be repaired. The things in the house can be replaced in one way or another. But they have what matters most.

I'll call Roni later and tell her how much her LL family is thinking of her, Brad and Moonie.

Ella

11. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh dear!
    This is so awful.
    I hope they had insurance. So many don't.....

Prayers for her and Brad and Moonie.
    Their stress level will just be awful. I'm so grateful they got out of there before it hit. It could have been so much worse , especially trying
    to get out of harm's way with Moonie...

Ask her if any of us can do anything for them.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

oh no. :sad:

All I can think of is how glad I am that they evacuated.

13. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Oh gosh, I'm sooo sorry :YMHUG: and so glad they are all okay. Sending courage and alllll kinds of vines to help them, and I hope Moonie is doing okay, cat_pet_icon

14. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

That's hard to take .. I can't imagine what they are going through .. I'm keeping them in my thoughts and prayers .. So thankful they got out with moonie and no one was harmed or worse .. I'm glad they are already in contact with FEMA and hope that the process goes quickly and smoothly for them .. they do not need to deal with any more stress ....

15. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh no! We were all hoping against hope! I too was so relieved when they evacuated, they have saved what is important. Sending lots of red tape cutting vines!

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So sad to read this....but I am hoping she will get safely to her DC's house and that her claim will go in and be processed as quicly as possible. It was a really devatating storm to the areas that were near the beaches....how heartbreaking for them all. I am thankful that they are all okay though!
    Sending a million Hugs to you Roni, Brad and Moonie..... :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

17. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for what Roni and her DH are going thru!
    But you have each other and family - and Moonie.
    My thoughts and prayers for you guys - be safe!

(((Hugs)))

18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's horrible news. I was hoping for something better. I'm so glad they are safe. That is the most important thing. I'll be praying for them.

19. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Roni and Brad)))) I am so, so sorry about the house and I am even more thankful that you evacuated and are all safe. Thinking of you today and tomorrow and the days after that.
    Liz

20. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Oh no! (((((Roni))))). Thank goodness she and Brad and Moonie are safe. I am so sorry that they have suffered this horrible devastation. I am keeping them in my thoughts.

21. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for letting us know, Barbara.
    Like everybody else, I'm just heartsick for Roni and Brad. So thankful that they evacuated in time and they are safe.
    Thank God, they have her brother to go to.
    I'm sending tons of prayers.

22. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Roni))))) we are thinking of you all at this terrible time just so happy you guys are all safe

23. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

So sad to hear this news, prayers to you & your family, glad u guys r safe! Take care & know we are always here for support! Hugs!

24. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh no! I gasped when I read what happened. So very glad they evacuated and are physically safe.
    Thank you Barbara for contacting Roni and keeping us informed. I hope the structure of their home is sound.

Sending Roni, Brad, and Moonie lots of hugs and strength. (((((Roni, Brad, and Moonie)))))
    I hope she will let us know if we can help in any way.

25. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Oh no......we are so so sorry for Roni and Brad. We've been hoping and praying everything would be ok when they got back home.

Barbara...when you talk to her, please let her know her LL family is sending thoughts and prayers.

26. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Barbara for keeping us updated.

((((Roni))) ((((Brad)))) ((((Moonie))))

My heart just sank when I saw this. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

I'm so thankful you are safe.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers Roni.

Big ole Texas sized hugs for ya!!!!

Tena

27. Barbara and tuffy

Roni just called. She said the adjuster is coming on Sunday Morning. She got a few things out of the house. She took Moonie with them, she did not want to leave her alone in the motel. She said Moonie was not happy at the house. I'm sure she could tell there was something wrong. Roni sounds like she is in a state of shock. She is trying to realize what has happened. She did get Copper's ashes.

They could only open the bedroom door enough to look in. Something had the door blocked. She has a platform bed with storage underneath and two armoire wardrobes with clothes in them.

She could not get her medications. Her insulin syringes were wet but in plastic bags so she can check and make sure the syringes in the package are not wet. She may need syringes, she has no pharmacy now. She uses Comfort Care, ultra comfort short needle.

Hopefully it won't take too long to get estimates of how long it will take to take care of the house. I know she has radiant heat in the floors I don't know what is involved in repairing/checking that out. I'm sure on Sunday she will have a better idea of what is involved. She has not heard from the water extracting company. Hope they can get there soon and lessen the chance of mold.

If I hear anything else I'll keep you posted.

She did say Moonie is being very funny. Thankfully she seems very adjusted to the motel and spends a lot of time hopping from bed to bed and she does not seemed stressed. That is a good thing

Roni said to thank each and everyone of your for your prayers and thoughts for her Brad and Moonie.

I'll update when she calls again. Prayers and well wishes to all that need them.

28. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Roni I couldn't imagine it. I've been watching the news and listening to satellite radio. Today I had to change the channel listening to people not being able to evacuate because they couldn't leave their pets and how people were trying to be reunited with pets. It was too much to hear and I had to change the channel. I am grateful to hear your family is safe including Moonie and you were able to bring Copper too. I know its hard but you are safe and that is what matters most in the world. Sending you lots of hugs.

29. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

oh no.... this is incredibly sad. I had so hoped for a better outcome. My heart sank when I read this, I am so sorry... Please let he know we are all thinking of them.

Thanks Barbara for the update.

30. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks, Barbara, for keeping everyone up to date. I just spoke with Roni and don't have much to add to what Barbara has told us. She is depressed, but thankful that they are all alive. Copper's ashes practically fell into her arms and she takes that as a sign that he is watching over them. When they go back again she will try to find the ashes of her GA dogs. She got Moonie's insulin out of the 'fridge and is pretty sure that it is OK. The packaging of the Monoject (Ultra Comfort) insulin syringes was wet, but she doesn't think that the syringes themselves were harmed. I have quite a few boxes of Monojects that the company sent me when I was complaining about them, so as soon as she can get to her brothers' house in CT, I can send some syringes to her. (if that's where they will go; in any event they will not go up there until the power is restored where her brother lives). Roni's cousins were at the motel with them tonight, visiting. Moonie really likes the motel. I think they are planning to go back to their house tomorrow to try to salvage more things. They were able to get some of their treasured photographs and all of their paintings were undamaged. So that's a good sign.

Please continue to keep them in your thoughts, prayers, and hearts. This is such a difficult time for them.

Ella

31. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Roni))) (((Brad))) ((Moonie)))
    My heart is broken for all that you are that you are going through but ever so thankful that you are all safe.
    I have been following the devestation and thinking and praying for all of my friends in harms way.
    Just abut 3 years ago Max began his journey here and you were one of the first people to reach out to us.
    Max is gone now but I still keep you so close in my heart.
    Please let us know what we can do for you.
    Stay strong, you have the board behind you.
    hugs and hugs and hugs

32. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same as Ella, I have an extra box of syringes if Roni needs the. Anything else she might need? Strips? I have plenty and a spare meter to go with them.

33. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Barbara thanks for keeping us posted. I am so sorry to hear this terrible news about the house. Thankfully Roni, DH and Moonie evacuated and are safe. Hugs and strength and courage to them. Glad Moonie has adapted to the motel, a playful cat is a positive to help the beans cope with the loss and the recovery process to come.

34. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

(((Roni, Brad & Moonie)))

How scary for you. You'll all be in my prayers.

35. Sheri & Spyder (GA)

Sheri & Spyder (GA) Member

I too, am so very very deeply saddened to hear this :cry: :cry:
    My heart is breaking for you guys.

I'm sending you all my love, and TONS of prayers. "Things" can be replaced, but I thank God you are all safe and still with us. Everything will be alright.

36. sanrun

sanrun Member

I'm glad Roni, Brad and Moonie all got out safely. The damage to their home sounds pretty bad, hopefully they will get some funds soon.

Sandy - Dottie, Jeter, Tilly and Bubba!

37. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Roni, when you get to see this, know we are adding our voices to the others - sorry this disaster has happened to you, so glad you all are ok, and willing to send you stuff if there is something that would be helpful. in the meantime, we're keeping you in mind. hugs from me and mr punkin!

38. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Roni, I'm soo very sorry to hear this. Echoing everyone else, thank goodness you all are safe and sound. We will be thinking of you. Many hugs.

39. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thank God she got Coppers ashes. Praise be!

I also have four or five boxes of MJ syringes I am happy to send to her...just need to know where

40. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

My heart just sank a little bit (more like a lot, but I'm trying to be optimistic). Thank the Lord that they evacuated and are safe and that Moonie is adjusting well to life in new surroundings. I am so sorry to hear about the house and all their belongings. Many blessings to Roni, Brad, and Moonie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings.

41. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no... so sorry they lost everything, but happy they are ok. (((Roni, DH and Moonie)))

42. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I am devastated to read this. Please pass the following along:

Roni & Family,

My heart breaks for you as I read this. Floods are not fun. Dealing w/insurance companies is not fun. Having just been flooded by Hurricane Isaac 2 months ago, I have been dealing with a lot of the same kinds of things you will be dealing with and if I can help in any way please please please let me know. I was so hoping your home was not affected. I am so thankful you & DH & Moonie evacuated and are safe. Hold that thought tight through this ordeal: you & DH & Moonie are safe.

I second what others have said above. Get on the lists, every list you can. Apply w/every agency you can. FEMA, SBA, of course your own insurance companies, both flood and homeowners, church groups, the Red Cross. My damage was strictly flood related, so my homeowner's covers nothing, however FEMA & SBA both wanted a statement from my homeowner's that there was no coverage, so I filed a claim there too so I got the paperwork. I know you don't want to remember this, but take tons of pictures. Tons. Now, b4 you start the cleanup, including the insides of all fridges & freezers to document food loss, during cleanup including piles of debris, and every stage of rebuilding, b4, during & after. Keep all receipts, scan them into a computer file if you can, I think you can scan into your google acct & then you can access them from anywhere you can get online, I love google docs & google features for that reason. FEMA should cover your evacuation costs. File a comp claim with your auto insurance company, mine is covering all kinds of replacement parts on my Jeep just b/c it was driven thru 3-4' of water to get it to high ground. Mine was not salt water damage, yours no doubt is, which makes a huge difference. I had 4" of water in my house this time, not 5' like you, and my 1st contractor's bid is over $92K, that does not count the contents. That is over half its value. Write every last Q-tip, box of tissue, tube of toothpaste, etc. down. Write every piece of plastic down (i.e., plastic totes), every piece of metal (i.e., furniture w/metal legs). My flood policy will not pay to replace most metal or plastic items but it will pay to have them cleaned & repainted. My metal table legs made rust spots on my concrete floors & my adjuster told me to make sure I put that down, they will cover cleaning (muratic acid) and new finish of the floors. Proof of Loss document(s) have to be filed w/in 60 days of damage typically, however FEMA (NFIP) just extended the deadline from Hurricane Isaac down here another 30 days. Mine is still not filed. Make sure you know what your deadlines are on all paperwork & filings with all agencies. It's sad but true, in addition to dealing with all kinds of loss and devastation, you will have to deal with all the paperwork too, and that in and of itself can be very very frustrating, and time consuming. All you want to do is fix your house, get your life back, get back to normal, but nooooooooo, there is so much red tape, you don't know what to do. It can be overwhelming. If you know ahead of time (I didn't & wish I had), it helps, I think.

Please make sure you wear protective gear during clean up also. That mold is nasty. The black mold is one thing, the red & orange another. I was told that if I saw red or orange mold in my house, to get my "butt out of there fast" and that was from a lady in a church group that had come here to help gut people's houses. & speaking of church groups, several came here after Isaac and teams of people went into peoples flooded homes and gutted them for free, so please be sure and check for a similar resource.

I am not trying to scare you or make things worse. I only want to share what I have learned, helpful hints if you will. This will be a rough and trying time. I know. I have flooded twice in 3 years.

I have been watching all the SuperStormSandy reports on TV for over a week and am brokenhearted to see all the damage and devastation, and even more so to learn that you and yours--such a beloved part of our FDMB family--were affected so hard.

Please Roni, anytime you want to talk to somebody who understands firsthand, just let me know. PM me. I will send you my personal email & my phone # if you want.

& I will be thinking of you with every piece of sheet rock, every bit of insulation and every coat of paint as I too rebuild, right along side you, half the country away.

Roni, Brad, Moonie - I am so very sorry. And so very glad you are safe.

Desi

43. MauiGuppy

MauiGuppy Well-Known Member

Sending you lots of love and hugs from me and Junior! Will also be happy to send you syringes too! Just PM me thru Facebook at facebook.com/bonnie.lu

44. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

Please pass along to Roni - I live in Queens. If there's any way I can help: supplies, insulin, a place to stay (not much room but I have power, water, etc.) - let me know via pm.

45. Barbara and tuffy

Good Morning: I spoke to Roni a few minutes ago. I will pass along information re: supplies, etc. when I talk to her this afternoon. She sounded better this morning, not as depressed as she was yesterday after she saw her home. Moonie is still being a clown, that is good it is amusing Roni and Brad. Moonie seems to know she is in a safe place. They can adjust when we need them too. LOL Be back later with another update.

46. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

So dreadfully sorry to hear this news :sad: but so relieved that everyone is safe and Moonie is relaxed about the motel situation ((((((Roni Brad Moonie))))))

47. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

OMG ronnie. I am so sorry to read this. one good thing is you are all alive and safe. I know the loss of all the other stuff is important also and alive and safe is great but............ a lot of work ahead of you and you worked so hard to get where you were.
    DD and tinkerbell seems to have some great points. I hope you see them. will save you a lot of time and maybe some effort.
    holding you all close in my thoughts. hugs and prayers that all works out and goes as smoothly as it possibly can

48. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am SO very sorry to hear this. Sandy was one nasty you-know-what, that's for sure. Thank God Roni, Brad, and Moonie evacuated, and I'm so glad she was able to get Copper's ashes. All of them being together and safe as a family is of the utmost importance.

Endless prayers coming their way as they work their way through all of this....

49. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

I've got some meters, if she needs them, or anyone else for that matter. Just let me know, now that I'm back on the grid.

And whomever talks with Roni next, please let her know that I'm thinking of her and her family, here in NJ.

50. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh I didnt know...My heart and prayers follow you! Glad you all are safe I'm so sorry aout your home.
    God bless and prayers,
    jeanne

51. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I feel so bad for Roni and family but so glad they escaped unharmed physically.

I just saw this article which has some info that may be useful to her so thought i'd post the link here just in case she hasn't heard about this and perhaps one of you can pass the info along to her
    http://bellmore.patch.com/groups/hurric ... d%3D228976

52. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

That was a GREAt link LynnLee...thanks...I hope Roni sees that...

Keeping you guys in my prayers....glad that Moonie is doing okay and keeping you laughing. Thank goodness she is okay! Keep your chin up Roni....the three of you can make it through and it is a blessing that you are all together and SAFE!!!
    (to think that Brad was out of town just a little while ago...wow...glad he was there with you & Moonie when the storm came!!!) Love to you all! :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

53. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

I just saw this post. I am sooo sorry for your loss but what a blessing you were able to evacuate. We are praying for you all Roni, Brad and Moonie. As the shock wears off, oh the emotions you will go through. :YMHUG:

May these greetings offer you some sort of comfort. This is such a great LL Family.
    Karen

54. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

So sorry to hear this news Roni. I'm not on FDMB often so didn't know what was happening until I saw it on Facebook. I had to come over and find out if you were ok. I'm so happy to hear that you, DH, and sweet, sweet Moonie are safe. But I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. As many have said, things can be replaced. I thank God that he took care of you all. Glad to hear that Moonie is loving the motel. I hope you will get through all the red tape quickly and effortlessly and that you are all home together again very soon. I will be checking in to see any updates. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Denise & Oreo

55. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Still praying for Roni, Brad and Moonie.

I agree with Desi....
    They have such a ugly mountain of paperwork ahead of them, stress, and slow progress.
    I really hope that they will be the exception and get thru it all easier but experiences with FEMA tell me the road will be full of potholes.
    Wish we could all be close enough to help them muddle thru all the hoops before them.
    Big Hugs for them.

I hope their hotel is in walking distance of necessities.

56. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I am just seeing this. ((((Roni and family)))), I am so sorry for your losses.

DCIN will send Roni and Moonie insulin and testing equipment and any other necessary diabetic supplies for the next six months or more if needed. Someone please contact me here by PM or by email at Venita@dcin.info to let me know what is needed and where to send it. I will then arrange with Roni for future shipments.

57. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. I'm sending tons of prayers and vines for them all. I hope that she'll be able to get their lives back on track very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.