11/01 Cole AMPS 203 / +2 175 / +4 151 / +6 160 / +9 225/ PMPS 241

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colio, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Colio

Colio Member

2. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

It looks like he does like his trampoline ;). He has a nice start this morning. I hope he takes a nice slow slide for you.

Colio likes this.
  3. Colio

Colio Member

Still coming down - and still hungry! Slide seems ok - not too dramatic I think.

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Morning, Elizabeth! Nice start for Cole. You are doing fantastic with testing :bighug:

Suzanne Burton and Colio like this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

As a general rule of thumb for a lot of cats, if the +2 test is quite a bit lower than the preshot (like you have today), it's a good heads up you'll see some action this cycle. A +4 would be a good one.

Suzanne Burton and Colio like this.
  6. Colio

Colio Member

I thought that might be the case - waiting to test +4 before I go out to grab some groceries and some MC and HC food to have in reserve. Thanks for the advice.

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. Colio

Colio Member

Slipped down a bit more - fed him a tbs of LC food which he was happy about. Will test again at +6 ...

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  8. Colio

Colio Member

Pretty flat - another tbs of food (I think he is now training me o_O) and he let me brush his ruff again and clean up his face.

:joyful:

9. Colio

Colio Member

Question - since this morning was the 6th cycle on 3u, according to TR I should be increasing tonight -
    • Increase by 0.25 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300.
    General advice - is it better to do the increase or wait a few more cycles? He dropped so fast yesterday and tomorrow I'm on my own and working most of the day so testing every 2 hours may be challenging

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With nadirs under 200 (and he is seeing blues), you can hold 6-10 cycles. Since he got quite low blues yesterday, you could hold the dose another day and see where he goes.

Colio likes this.
  11. Colio

Colio Member

Thank you

12. Colio

Colio Member

Cole came up a little for his PMPS - this is lowest PMPS he has had since starting insulin. He got on the counter again tonight when it was time for dinner, and did a bunch of bumping my arm.

Looked at Wendy&Neko's note and decided to stay at 3u tonight and will see how things are tomorrow. Tonight was cycle 7.

Reminder for myself
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
    • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.

13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yay Cole! Nice to see two blue cycles in as many days!! :woot::woot::woot:
    Great job helping him surf.

Colio likes this.