Staci & Ivy
Member Since 2022
10/2/26
Amps 263 Libre
Hello all kitties and pawrents. Busy week here, haven’t posted due to a crazy schedule. Sigh.
It’s our busy season at work, so I’m overwhelmed
Ivy is chugging along. Finally spoke with my vet about her labs and elevated T4.
He wants me to hold her Methimazole dose for now and we will be retesting soon, I think a more extensive thyroid panel being sent to MSU, on 10/21.
He’s hoping that maybe the elevated T4 was a blip and hoping she has actually not shot up that high to a T4 of 9. But that panel “should” confirm what’s going on with her thyroid.
He wants to try to focus more on the underlying root causes, which seems to be her G.I. situation. Not really sure what his specific plan is, I need to clarify that.
At the moment, she’s eating well and poops have been good
. Still giving weekly B12 shots, which vet thinks we should continue since it’s keeping her stable.
He thought I could try reducing her 16 mg dose of Cerenia down to 8 mg and see how she does. We agreed to keeping Mirataz in place at the moment, since she is doing well with appetite.
He seems to feel that the supportive medications aren’t a problem if it’s helping to keep her stable.
I have noticed some increased PU/PD which I don’t like. So keeping an eye on that. Weight is stable.
I’ve reduced her Lantus dose as she’s been having very active cycles (and I have to be mindful of her not spending too long in “lower Libre” ranges where it shuts down her Libre and I have to replace it every single day. It’s certainly a challenge).
We are thinking of Dyana and sending prayers and positive energy to bring Sabrina home safely





Safe surfs everyone



Amps 263 Libre
Hello all kitties and pawrents. Busy week here, haven’t posted due to a crazy schedule. Sigh.
It’s our busy season at work, so I’m overwhelmed
Ivy is chugging along. Finally spoke with my vet about her labs and elevated T4.
He wants me to hold her Methimazole dose for now and we will be retesting soon, I think a more extensive thyroid panel being sent to MSU, on 10/21.
He’s hoping that maybe the elevated T4 was a blip and hoping she has actually not shot up that high to a T4 of 9. But that panel “should” confirm what’s going on with her thyroid.
He wants to try to focus more on the underlying root causes, which seems to be her G.I. situation. Not really sure what his specific plan is, I need to clarify that.
At the moment, she’s eating well and poops have been good
He thought I could try reducing her 16 mg dose of Cerenia down to 8 mg and see how she does. We agreed to keeping Mirataz in place at the moment, since she is doing well with appetite.
He seems to feel that the supportive medications aren’t a problem if it’s helping to keep her stable.
I have noticed some increased PU/PD which I don’t like. So keeping an eye on that. Weight is stable.
I’ve reduced her Lantus dose as she’s been having very active cycles (and I have to be mindful of her not spending too long in “lower Libre” ranges where it shuts down her Libre and I have to replace it every single day. It’s certainly a challenge).
We are thinking of Dyana and sending prayers and positive energy to bring Sabrina home safely
Safe surfs everyone
