10/9 Ivy Amps 263, +4 53 L, +6 75, +9 233, Pmps 400, +3 243 Libre

Staci & Ivy

Member Since 2022
10/2/26
Amps 263 Libre

Hello all kitties and pawrents. Busy week here, haven’t posted due to a crazy schedule. Sigh.
It’s our busy season at work, so I’m overwhelmed 😫

Ivy is chugging along. Finally spoke with my vet about her labs and elevated T4.
He wants me to hold her Methimazole dose for now and we will be retesting soon, I think a more extensive thyroid panel being sent to MSU, on 10/21.
He’s hoping that maybe the elevated T4 was a blip and hoping she has actually not shot up that high to a T4 of 9. But that panel “should” confirm what’s going on with her thyroid.

He wants to try to focus more on the underlying root causes, which seems to be her G.I. situation. Not really sure what his specific plan is, I need to clarify that.

At the moment, she’s eating well and poops have been good🙏. Still giving weekly B12 shots, which vet thinks we should continue since it’s keeping her stable.
He thought I could try reducing her 16 mg dose of Cerenia down to 8 mg and see how she does. We agreed to keeping Mirataz in place at the moment, since she is doing well with appetite.
He seems to feel that the supportive medications aren’t a problem if it’s helping to keep her stable.

I have noticed some increased PU/PD which I don’t like. So keeping an eye on that. Weight is stable.

I’ve reduced her Lantus dose as she’s been having very active cycles (and I have to be mindful of her not spending too long in “lower Libre” ranges where it shuts down her Libre and I have to replace it every single day. It’s certainly a challenge).

We are thinking of Dyana and sending prayers and positive energy to bring Sabrina home safely 🙏🍃🍀🙏🍃🍀

Safe surfs everyone 🌊🐈‍⬛🐈🏄‍♀️
IMG_6630.jpeg
 
Super active cycle this morning! Let’s keep it steady for your mom, Ivy!

She’s so beautiful and I’m so happy to hear Ivy is doing well. I hope the T4 results were a blip and our sweet and spicy princess continues to eat and poop well ❤️
 
Hi Clarice, thanks for the update and good wishes, I appreciate you and your caring support and knowledge.
I am praying Mami continues to improve and they are helping her with the mycoplasma! I look forward to your update when you have time.

Ivy's potassium was 5.7, so a little high. And we know her kidney function is affected by the hyperthyroidism (and high levels). So yes, it's all related.
I am hoping and praying the next blood draw is better since her B12 levels seem to be improved and hoping some of the inflammation going on from th eIBD flare has calmed down her system. It's been a very rough few months since this began on July 20th.

I am very thankful her GI system seems to have stabilized!
Interestingly, as she seems to have stabilized, her need for higher levels of insulin has come down also.

Thank you for the good thyroid wishes, we need and appreciate every one!
We send back many healing vines for Mami Cat and hope you are taking care of yourself as well, Clarice!
🍃 🍃 🍃 💕💕💕🫂🫂🙏🙏:bighug::bighug::bighug:
I think a more extensive thyroid panel being sent to MSU, on 10/21.

Hi Staci, nice to hear were able to talk to the vet and that a more detailed thyroid panel will be done. 🙏
Her vet seems to think things through before making any decisions, right? The idea of focusing on the root causes sounds good. I'm glad she is in good hands!
The B12 seems to be helping her quite much, if I got it rightv🙏✨✨✨ and great that she is eating and pooping well... we know how much it means.

I also wish everything turn outs to be not so permanent with the PU/PD.
Obviously, I like it when she has these good numbers, but I (really) get the point with Libre...

Soon I will be able to have more "concrete" news about Mami Cat and her improvements/lab work. In general, she seems to be much better... 🙏
I would love to sleep without many interruptions, but for the moment, doing my best to cope. 🙏
Take good care of yourself as much as possible during this busy season too 💓
 
Super active cycle this morning! Let’s keep it steady for your mom, Ivy!

She’s so beautiful and I’m so happy to hear Ivy is doing well. I hope the T4 results were a blip and our sweet and spicy princess continues to eat and poop well ❤️
Thanks Connie. She likes her early active cycles. I’m just happy she if she does it in the daytime so I’m awake to manage it instead of the nighttime. She had plenty of those and it’s really rough.
Hope you are having a nice Furrrriday 💓
 
Yikes put the brakes on Ivy!
I know you wanna hang out on the beach with your BFF Nestle but no need to get there so fast. Or to scuba dive! Let's just have a relaxing and calm day ok? Thanks!

Happy Furrrrrriday
🙋🏻‍♀️🐾🤗🐈‍⬛❤️🐈🐈🥜✨️🍁🥰
Haha, she was definitely racing to see Nestle today 🏎️🏇🏽🏖️🏝️🐈
Glad she slowed down so I could go to the grocery store today.
But alas, now she’s bouncing sky high 😫
I don’t think she will ever learn about gentle cycles🤷‍♀️
Hope you and your boys have a lovely weekend at the grandpawrents! 💕🐈🐈😻🌊🏄‍♂️💚💚💚
 
Hi Staci, nice to hear were able to talk to the vet and that a more detailed thyroid panel will be done. 🙏
Her vet seems to think things through before making any decisions, right? The idea of focusing on the root causes sounds good. I'm glad she is in good hands!
The B12 seems to be helping her quite much, if I got it rightv🙏✨✨✨ and great that she is eating and pooping well... we know how much it means.

I also wish everything turn outs to be not so permanent with the PU/PD.
Obviously, I like it when she has these good numbers, but I (really) get the point with Libre...

Soon I will be able to have more "concrete" news about Mami Cat and her improvements/lab work. In general, she seems to be much better... 🙏
I would love to sleep without many interruptions, but for the moment, doing my best to cope. 🙏
Take good care of yourself as much as possible during this busy season too 💓
Hi Clarice, lovely to hear from you today. Wishing you and Mami Cat a calm and healthy weekend.
I hope she’s still improving and I’m really hoping you’re taking care of yourself too 🙏💕

I’m hoping Ivy stays stable and praying we can get her thyroid back to better numbers. Really hoping this high T4 is not accurate 🙏🙏🙏

I had to wait almost 2 weeks until lab day so I will be worried until we get some answers 🤞🍀🙏
Thanks for checking on us today, sending lots of love back to you both 💕💓💗🐈
 
Goodness Miss Ivy, bit of a dramatic day 😳 So glad she stayed safe, Staci 🤗 Sorry she’s off to explore outer space now but I’m sure she’ll be back down in no time.

I really do hope that the raised T4 is just a blip and that when the next panel is run, things are back to where she was. I’m a big believer in repeating blood work if something doesn’t seem right. So many things can affect their sensitive little bodies. So happy her tummy is well and that her appetite is still good. She’s so blessed to have you as her mom, you’re always so in tune to what is going on with her.

Hope you both have a nice evening and she has a gentle slide down. 🤗💕❤️
 
Goodness Miss Ivy, bit of a dramatic day 😳 So glad she stayed safe, Staci 🤗 Sorry she’s off to explore outer space now but I’m sure she’ll be back down in no time.

I really do hope that the raised T4 is just a blip and that when the next panel is run, things are back to where she was. I’m a big believer in repeating blood work if something doesn’t seem right. So many things can affect their sensitive little bodies. So happy her tummy is well and that her appetite is still good. She’s so blessed to have you as her mom, you’re always so in tune to what is going on with her.

Hope you both have a nice evening and she has a gentle slide down. 🤗💕❤️
Aww thanks Kat. So nice to see you. I hope you and Trixie are doing well!

I do hope you’re right and the next test is a better one 🙏
So much is on the line.
I appreciate your sweet support!
Please give Trixie many kisses from me and enjoy the weekend 🐈💕💗🥰💗
 
Looks like Xander and Ivy were +4 twins today 💚

I hope the busy season calms down soon and you get a break
Yeah, not gonna happen we are just getting started in our busy quarter. We do Medicare planning and open enrollment begins 10/15 so the sh*t is about to hit.
Insane stuff goes until end of year and into new year then calms down. It’s very intense and stressful 😩
I just have to try to manage my stress as best I can. It’s a very heavy workload this part of the year (like an accountant office before April filing deadlines) 😫😫
 
She's coming down fast this morning.

One day I need to find someone to help me get on Medicare. It's scary, all insurance scares me.
 
She's coming down fast this morning.

One day I need to find someone to help me get on Medicare. It's scary, all insurance scares me.
When you need help just contact me. We work remotely and are licensed in must states no problem.
It’s an enormous help when you work with a licensed agent who knows what they are doing. And there’s no cost to use us, so it’s a no brainer 🥰
 
Back
Top