10/8 Tomcat PMPS 111, +2.5=100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tomtom13, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=105611

Hello LL!

Either the fall weather agrees with Tom, or he just feels GOOD! He is running around outside everywhere he goes...even chased a squirrel up a tree today...well, tom didn't go up the tree...but he sure thought about it! All P's are in place. And while all is good .....I think it is time to increase...but by how much?

Lately, he has been giving me an inverted curve sometimes, (the last 3 AM cycles).....so all day while I am planning an increase...at shot time he has dropped almost by 50 points so I am hesitant to follow through. :YMSIGH:

So I am at a stand still...again. I love my life at these numbers though, I have to say. It has been nice not to be so super worried constantly....letting him go for longer walks and I am able to sleep a little more peacefully. But, this is not a research project I am putting together...so I need to stay aggressive and not stall out so much.

Here are my questions:

1. what is the inverted curve "saying"?

2. how much should I increase?

Thanks all

wishing all healthy and great days

~kelly

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/8 Tomcat AMPS 126, +2=107, +6=145 dose?

An inverted curve can be too much or too little insulin.

I saw on your SS that your syringes were really different on the markings this time. In the experiments I did with syringes (Terumos and Monojects), the dose could vary by as much as .25u in the Terumos and almost .5u in the MJs from syringe to syringe.

That's why I started using calipers....and I'd recommend them to you.

I need a little time to look at his SS and study those inverted curves and to also see if I can get some other eyes on his SS as well. I will get back to you later today.

3. Marje and Gracie

Re: 10/8 Tomcat AMPS 126, +2=107, +6=145 dose?

Kel

I looked closely at his SS. It looks like his numbers have trended up since you opened the new box of syringes. If you are interested in the calipers, you might find this info on Dosing with Calipers.

However....I think you have room to increase his dose. His nadirs, even when green, are high green so if you want to bring the overall curve down (including nadirs), I'd take him back up to 1.25u. I wouldn't get too worried about the inverted curves. Let's just focus on getting that green back more consistently.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the Dosing with Calipers post.

4. tomtom13

tomtom13 Member

Thank you Marje for looking at Tom's SS for me.....it always means so much to have expert eyes and thoughtfulness...

Just read the dosing with calipers post....very interesting!! And very worrisome that I may have been giving different doses daily! :shock: I will order the harbor freight ones tonight! thanks for that link!

I will do my best to "eyeball" the dose until they arrive.

I will increase tomorrow AM to 1.25 units.

thanks!!

~Kelly

ps: I was glad and sad to read about Gus. I hope for your sake, as well as Mikes that he will improve and feel better soon.

5. Marje and Gracie

Kelly

Well...I don't know about the "expert eyes" :lol: :lol: :lol: but I'm always happy to help you.

Yes, it was pretty startling when I started measuring doses with a micropippettor. Yikes! Especially because Gracie is really sensitive to small dose changes.

You might be able to get the same or similar calipers locally. Just be sure they are digital and measure in mm. Perhaps Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace has them.

Thank you for the wishes for Gus. Day by day...he will get better.....I know he will.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Good luck with the dosecrease....I can already feel some green brewing tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.