10/7 Moonie AMPS 68, +2 58, +12 49, PMPS 52, +2 131

Connie & Parker & Moonie

Member Since 2026
10/6 Moonie AMPS 281, +2 303, PMPS 95, +2 129

Very weird pattern this morning. After she went from 95 PMPS to 129 at +2, I was convinced she was on her way to a bounce so I was pleasantly surprised this morning. Hopefully it lasts for us. But it does reinforce for me that her patterns don’t seem to be as predictable on this dose so we need to get over my reluctance to test too frequently.

Happy Wednesday from Moonie!

IMG_3256.jpeg
 
Oh Moonie, Keeping mom on her toes I see! Karamelle pulled something similar. I decided I needed sleep and didnt test after +3 last night and it dropped a bunch! Patterns? Yes, patterns of being unpredictable, haha 😂
 
Oh Moonie, Keeping mom on her toes I see! Karamelle pulled something similar. I decided I needed sleep and didnt test after +3 last night and it dropped a bunch! Patterns? Yes, patterns of being unpredictable, haha 😂
Hahaha right! The only thing we can predict is that these kitties will be unpredictable and naughty! 🤣
 
Please tell me you did not shoot that 49. We do not shoot below 50 as that can go wrong really quickly. Instead, wait 15 minutes or so and see if she's up above 50 before shooting. If she lingers in the 40's, then add a spoon of LC, not MC. More details in here: Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

I'm going to sound like a nag, but I'm really worried how low she went below +2 and +12. If you cannot test to catch lows, then best to lower the dose, for her safety.
 
Please tell me you did not shoot that 49. We do not shoot below 50 as that can go wrong really quickly. Instead, wait 15 minutes or so and see if she's up above 50 before shooting. If she lingers in the 40's, then add a spoon of LC, not MC. More details in here: Tight Regulation: Becoming Data Ready to Shoot / Handle Lower Pre-shot Numbers

I'm going to sound like a nag, but I'm really worried how low she went below +2 and +12. If you cannot test to catch lows, then best to lower the dose, for her safety.
Thanks Wendy! We did wait 15 mins without feeding and she was at 52 at the retest so just a little above. We gave her 2 tsp of MC with the shot, though maybe we should have stuck with LC.

We’ll try to catch more +6 and +9. I think maybe we’ve been overly reliant on the heuristic that she’s fine for the cycle if she’s flattish to up at +2, but it seems like her pattern is changing up on us a bit.
 
We did wait 15 mins without feeding and she was at 52 at the retest so just a little above
Whew! Please change the subject line PMPS and spreadsheet to show 52 as the number you shot. You can note it at +12.25 on the SS. I worry about lurkers and others seeing the subject line and thinking it's OK to shoot below 50, when it's not.

Her +2 was 10 points or 15% down from AMPS, and only left room for an 8 point drop before you should intervene with carbs.
 
Whew! Please change the subject line PMPS and spreadsheet to show 52 as the number you shot. You can note it at +12.25 on the SS. I worry about lurkers and others seeing the subject line and thinking it's OK to shoot below 50, when it's not.

Her +2 was 10 points or 15% down from AMPS, and only left room for an 8 point drop before you should intervene with carbs.
Makes sense - thanks Wendy. I think we swung a bit too far in the other direction in terms of not testing. We’ll start grabbing more nadirs especially when she’s low or likely to break a bounce, and we’ll cut the dose if Moonie starts resisting testing again.
 
Back
Top