? 10/31 Tigger 110 AMPS 134 +2 89 +4 82 +5 77 +6 72 +8 69 +9 112 +10

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Breanna H, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Previous Thread

Hello all! Happy Halloween!

Just a quick question, Tigger has never been this low, this early in the cycle. I have all of my higher carb food and am able to test most of the day (we will be leaving for a bit after his shot this evening but will be coming home to go to bed). Should I get ready to feed some now? I'll check again in an hour but I'm not sure at what point I should give him some. I know the post on "how to handle low numbers" says if they reach 50, but should I wait for that point, or act now since his nadir is usually +7/+8?

Maybe 16u is doing the trick? Should I reduce the dose? I believe, relooking at the guidelines of TR, I hold the dose unless he does dip under 50.

Thank you all, as usual!!

2. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

We are down to 77 at +6, which I suppose we still have some room to go before I panic o_O

3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi! If you're around during the day, I would feed small bits (1 to 2 tsp) of LC when you test to help keep him surfing. I personally use MC in the 50s (to try to stop Jax from going below 50 though if he really wants the reduction he'll go anyway :p). I use HC < 50 and sometimes > 50 if he's dipped below 50 (and earned a reduction) and is hard to keep from dropping below 50 again.

Breanna H likes this.
  4. JaxBenji

I was just remembering levemir is late nadiring, right? The sticky here says between +8 and +10 but ECID. Looks like you're keeping a close eye but I'd help keep him surfing as long as he'd like to. If you get worried, you can always use MC in the 60s too (or whatever your comfort level :)) - especially since the string of greens is new (and so nice to see!) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Breanna H likes this.
  5. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

Thanks for the advice! He usually gets low carb throughout the day anyway, but if he does get to the 60s, I'm probably going to go with some medium. Since this is the lowest we've gone, I'm nervous, haha.

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. JaxBenji

lol, the balance is real between the caregiver comfort and the kitty. I am pretty sure I fed MC when Jax was 90 for the first time :p

Breanna H likes this.
  7. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I think I'm going to feed some medium carb at PMPS, since we have to leave the house for a while after. Still not sure if I should give a full dose or not. I suppose I will see what he goes up to by then.

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

What a lovely cycle!:cool::D. Technically, no reduction earned, but I'm wondering if it might be worth doing a reduced shot to drain the depot a little. I guess from what I've read, if he does have IAA, I'd be worried about the insulin resistance breaking, but let's see if @Wendy&Neko happens by before your pm shot. I sometimes worry for nothing ;)

Breanna H likes this.
  9. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

We are at 69 +9. I gave some 13% carb wet/gravy food. One day I was banking on him being higher because I had to give his shot a little early so we could leave and he pulls this, haha. Not that I'm not super thankful to see good numbers, of course. Looks like I'll be driving separate and meeting my husband a little late.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Lovely cycle for Tigger today. No reason to reduce, he didn't earn a reduction.
    First off, we don't know why Tigger is a high dose kitty. I also don't worry about one run of lovely numbers meaning anything other than he's finally at a dose that's showing good numbers.

No bouncing, 'K Tigger?

Breanna H likes this.
  11. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

So full 16u tonight even though I won't be home from after his shot to maybe +5?

12. Wendy&Neko

Next time you have to give a shot that much earlier, start moving shot times up a few cycle before hand. I liked moving things up 15 minutes at a time. Shooting early can act a bit like a dose increase, which I don't think Tigger needs right now.

As for tonight, sorry for the late reply. I would have shot full dose, and loaded up the auto feeder. There's a good chance he'll bounce. Plus he doesn't onset until +4, so he'll keep going up until then.

Since you couldn't delay shooting tonight, the only other options were skip or reduced dose. The problem with a reduced dose is that the 16 unit depot would control the first part of the cycle and it would have played out like you had shot the full dose anyway.

Breanna H likes this.
  13. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I didn't plan it very well. That's usually what I do but I wasn't thinking. By the time I left the house, it was the last thing I did so it was only 30 minutes early, but still early.

14. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

PS..he's bouncing :(

15. Wendy&Neko

Sorry about that. Been a while since a long stretch of green, so not surprising.

Breanna H likes this.
  16. Breanna H

Breanna H Member

I know :( I knew I wouldn't get that lucky, haha :banghead: