10-3 CATurday Loose Lips

squeem3

Member Since 2009
Do not ever go on the pet food groups on Reddit. The general pet food ones only believe in what they call "WSAVA approved brands". Fact: There is no such list of brands. The WSAVA publishes global-wide nutrition guidelines that is geared mainly to vets. The guideline document does not mention any brand and neither does the web site. Ask for where in the guidelines or web sites it lists out approved brands and you get
thewife.gif
If you don't feed an "approved" brand (namely Hills, Purina, and Royal Canin) and only the dry kibble, you also get
thewife.gif
I got it for what I feed civvie (Vital Essentials freeze dried raw) and Molly (Instinct Raw Boost dry). I haven't looked much into raw feeding groups there which the general pet food groups are total ๐Ÿ:ted: about.

And suggesting to try a LID brand of food in a novel protein and a probiotic for minor GI issues results in a mod removing your post for "misinformation". ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

The zoo is fine. Civvie is plugging along with her kidney issues. She has a recheck in December. Of course Molly will tag along which is just as well since the vet can check her hot spots and wart. Molly is currently taking apoquel and cefpodoxime for the hot spots. There's slight improvement but she's still licking. Dermatology scheduled her for a appointment in April. The one vet is booked that far out. Molly goes to work with me most days now. Free day care๐Ÿ˜ There's always someone around to keep Molly company. Tiger Mom doesn't care. I was worried that she might be ๐Ÿซฃ Molly barely has any energy after a long day of pets ๐Ÿ˜‚ I practically have to drag her down the street to the subway. She sleeps on the shuttle bus ride home. We don't go to the dog park until weekends now.

Molly plotting how to eat Apricot ๐Ÿซฃ Apricot and Orange only live in the top half of the cage. They're in the bottom half when I'm cleaning.
@Karolina & Nestle

20260927_094454_001[1].jpg
 
You have to wait 7 months for a dermatology appointment! Can you get on their cancellation list? That's funny that Molly is worn out after a whole day of pets. :bighug:
 
Do not ever go on the pet food groups on Reddit. The general pet food ones only believe in what they call "WSAVA approved brands". Fact: There is no such list of brands. The WSAVA publishes global-wide nutrition guidelines that is geared mainly to vets. The guideline document does not mention any brand and neither does the web site. Ask for where in the guidelines or web sites it lists out approved brands and you get
thewife.gif
If you don't feed an "approved" brand (namely Hills, Purina, and Royal Canin) and only the dry kibble, you also get
thewife.gif
I got it for what I feed civvie (Vital Essentials freeze dried raw) and Molly (Instinct Raw Boost dry). I haven't looked much into raw feeding groups there which the general pet food groups are total ๐Ÿ:ted: about.

And suggesting to try a LID brand of food in a novel protein and a probiotic for minor GI issues results in a mod removing your post for "misinformation". ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

The zoo is fine. Civvie is plugging along with her kidney issues. She has a recheck in December. Of course Molly will tag along which is just as well since the vet can check her hot spots and wart. Molly is currently taking apoquel and cefpodoxime for the hot spots. There's slight improvement but she's still licking. Dermatology scheduled her for a appointment in April. The one vet is booked that far out. Molly goes to work with me most days now. Free day care๐Ÿ˜ There's always someone around to keep Molly company. Tiger Mom doesn't care. I was worried that she might be ๐Ÿซฃ Molly barely has any energy after a long day of pets ๐Ÿ˜‚ I practically have to drag her down the street to the subway. She sleeps on the shuttle bus ride home. We don't go to the dog park until weekends now.

Molly plotting how to eat Apricot ๐Ÿซฃ Apricot and Orange only live in the top half of the cage. They're in the bottom half when I'm cleaning.
@Karolina & Nestle

View attachment 80575
Thank you for the warning! What a bad situation when someone is trying to learn online!
So glad Molly is doing well and enjoying going to work with you. Very glad Tiger Mom is not being a (you know what) ๐Ÿ about it all.
Iโ€™m sure Molly is exhausted after a hard day work of being pet and taking naps and commuting.
I hope Civvvie stays stable. Sending many vines ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€
And I hope Molly just enjoyed watching Apricot and Orange and thatโ€™s all!
Thanks for the update ๐Ÿฅฐ
 
Well a full day of commuting, supervising, and being pet is exhausting! ๐Ÿฆฎ

Iโ€™m glad Tiger Mom doesnโ€™t seem to have any complaints though who could with that precious face?

I hope Molly is just so intrigued by Apricot as a friend not snack ๐Ÿ˜…

I hope Civvie stays stable and Mollyโ€™s hocks feel better! Sending lots and lots of healing vines ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ
 
People can be opinionated and really fanatical when it comes to pet food! My brother used to feed his three dogs raw, but he switched to a fresh home-cooked version. I think he was so 'beaten down' by his vet who was dead set against raw that he finally gave in and did fresh cooked instead.

I'm so glad you're able to take Molly to work with you!! It's so much better for her to be with friends/family throughout the day. Tiger Mom's stock value went up a teensy bit for that decision.

I wonder what Molly would do with Apricot and Orange ๐Ÿค”
 
I don't understand why they 100% believe in a made up list and get all :mad: at anyone who feeds something else. Looks like a comment that got deleted by a mod may have been from someone with knowledge of the pet food industry or pet nutrition based on the:ted:replies.

The doodle group I occasionally post responses on is more welcoming to whatever you feed.

Molly will chase after squirrels and rabbits. I don't let her but she tries and I get dragged along ๐Ÿซจ She probably views the rats as something to chase after.

The vet isn't concerned with the hot spots since they're not bad so Molly is ok to wait for dermatology. I'm in daily contact with the vet's secretary so if the spots get worse, we can schedule an appointment and the vet can just take Molly to dermatology for a look.

Tiger Mom says my suggestion for a Howl-ween pet costume show off is a great idea. I sent a poll to the lab to gauge interest. Only got 5 responses so far ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ To be fair, not too many people have pets but I bet most people would like to see at least pictures of pets in costume posted on the white board. Molly is too big for most "XXXL" costumes so she may have to settle for something that goes on her head.
 
Back
Top