10/26 Ruby AMBG 86 NS / PMPS 475 /+2 366

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Yesterday's thread.

I am feeling quite frustrated. She keeps bouncing and can't seem to get her on a dose for more than a few days.

Should I feed her now and see if her numbers go up in the next hour? With SLGS, I'm not supposed to shoot under 200, right?

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

The general advice is NOT feed and recheck in 20 minutes to see if you are shooting a rising or falling number. This can be repeated as long as your schedule allows (but you'll be pushing back your PM shot).

Following SLGS, 86 is not shootable and is a 0.25 reduction for PMPS.

Bandit's Mom and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

How long can I put off giving her the shot? 2 hours?

4. JaxBenji

I think with SLGS, I'd just take the reduction and give *reduced* shot at PMPS. @Bandit's Mom, are you still around by chance? What do you think?

5. Katherine&Ruby

I think I feel more comfortable with not giving her the shot at all this morning. Will do 1.5 units tonight.

JaxBenji likes this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yup. Below 90 is a skip and also a reduction in SLGS! :)
    @PerfumedCatMom, would it be possible to get a before bed test every day? Most cats go low at night and bounce from lows in the AM cycle.

JaxBenji and Katherine&Ruby like this.
  7. Katherine&Ruby

Thanks @JaxBenji and @Bandit's Mom!

I will try harder. I set my alarm to go off at 1 AM last night and it didn't go off because I set it for 1 PM!

It's difficult because I've gotten Ruby on a 9 AM/PM schedule, so 11 PM or +2 is bedtime. I found that when she had the Libre on her, the nights were generally higher than her days. Also, to be honest, Ruby is still fighting me every test, and frankly I am too tired at the end of the night to push for another one.

8. JaxBenji

Since you skipped this AM, you can use it as an opportunity to reset your shot schedule if you wanted (i.e. move your PM shot earlier).

9. JaxBenji

You may know this but I just thought to add for clarity that if you move up your PM shot, then tomorrow's AM shot is 12 hours after the new time (i.e. always give lantus 12 hours apart). I'm sure you knew that but I was just realizing I could have been more clear :bighug:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  10. Katherine&Ruby

Yup! Roger that! :D

JaxBenji likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

She earned the reduction. Under SLGS skipping was the right thing to do. A before going to sleep test even if her PMPS is high is still a good idea. It can give you a heads up if she's coming down and surprises you.

12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

When her +2 was down from the PMPS that was a sign of an active cycle. So it’s not at all surprising to me that she was green this morning. Since you skipped you can pick any time you want tonight for your shot time. Any chance you can make it earlier so you can get another test at night before bed?

13. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction! Best of luck with the new dose.