10/25/20 - Squeaky! AMPS 351 +6=374 PMPS=352 +3=273

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan D & Squeaky, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Jan D & Squeaky

Jan D & Squeaky Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Squeaky slides down and surfs today.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  3. Jan D & Squeaky

Good morning Carla!

Thanks for your kind wishes!!! Me too! He's due! Overdue!

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. Jan D & Squeaky

Am I allowed to change the dose after 3 days (6 cycles)? Wonder if I should do that? We haven't seen any greens at all on this dose.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Here are the guideines for increasing the dose with TR. It sounds like you can increase, but I'm not 100% sure. You may want to put dose ? in your subject line.

Increasing the dose:
    • Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
      • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
      • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.
    • Increase by 0.25 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 200, but less than 300.
    • Increase by 0.5 unit after 3 days (6 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are greater than 300.

Jan D & Squeaky likes this.
  6. Jan D & Squeaky

Thanks so much, Carla. Hmmm, so this is our 7th day on this dose. He had several nadirs under 200, but he is not new to that since his numbers have been all over the map. Hmmm, his nadirs are all over the map. Sometimes in 300s, sometimes in 100s.

I will print this out for future reference. Thanks for "feeding me" a little at a time! I am slowly understanding how this works. Also I will follow your suggestion to put dose? in the subject line.

Cheers and I hope you are staying warm today. We are expecting 7" of snow here and everybody is glad because it's helping to put out the forest fires.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How about a compromise? Stick with the current dose tonight, and if you don't see green overnight, then increase tomorrow morning. You did have that skip on the 22nd, which makes it just 8 cycles in a row at this dose as of tonight. Reminder: Counting Cycles