10/22 Cole @ AMPS 667 / +2 was 412

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Colio, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Colio

Colio Member

Hi there - Cole is starting to have some results that are a bit more predictable. I'm doing TR with Lantus and testing as much as I can. My question is really about whether I should hold at this current dose of 2.25u that I've given him for 3 days (7 actual doses). His nadir today was the lowest I've seen so far, but he still swings around a lot. Do I wait for more cycles before I consider moving him up? He did vomit once today (probably around +7) today but ate just fine at dinner time and kept the food down.

thanks everyone - it's taking time for me to understand all this info! :bookworm:
    Elizabeth

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi, Welcome to you and Cole :bighug: Others may be along to comment but per TR, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles when you start seeing nadirs <100 - here's the link the dosing method sticky and I've quoted the section below:

And his swings are bounces - he's note quite used to those lower numbers yet. More time in those nice numbers generally equates to less bouncing.

BTW, if you are following TR, mind adding it to your signature? It's the first place people look when answering questions/giving advice.

Here's your last post over in Health for continuity - https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/advice-needed-do-i-increase-dose-or-be-patient.237051/

Hope that helps!

Sue and Luci and Colio like this.
  3. Colio

Colio Member

Thank you! Updated my signature to show the TR. I wasn’t sure if he was bouncing so glad to know why there is so much variation.

Will wait for the 10 cycles - appreciate the highlighting

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You hold for 10 cycles, unless he goes under 68 on the AT, which earns a reduction. He got very close yesterday.:D

JaxBenji and Colio like this.
  5. Colio

Colio Member

More questions - today it looks like Cole bounced with his AMPS the highest it's been since I started testing. Is this how bouncing goes? Does it just keep happening or does it eventually subside when his BS is more often in the green? Also dosing question - it's been 10 cycles at 2.25u, and still all over the place, so I think tonight I would increase him to 2.5u?

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

As he gets used to more normal numbers the bounces will be less and less or clear very quickly.

Colio likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

That’s a big drop. Get a +3.

8. Colio

Colio Member

You’ll see on the spreadsheet a +6 and a + 9. Do you mean I should also try to get a +3 in the morning?

9. tiffmaxee

I was looking at your ss. This morning there was a huge drop. I thought that was this cycle. Just saw the numbers and was dealing with someone in a different time zone. If possible I would have gotten a +3 due to the big drop. Big drops can cause a bounce just like being in lower numbers than a cat isn’t used to.

Colio likes this.
  10. Colio

Colio Member

Thanks - I originally posted this morning after the +2 but didn’t update my thread title. I didn’t realize even in those high numbers that I should worry about a big drop. He’s been all over the place on his bg and I was shocked at how high he was this morning. Trying to manage how many times I poke him, and I’m trying to catch the +6 every day since it does seem to be the time of his nadir.

11. tiffmaxee

I would have tested again to see if he continued to drop. Some cats start in black and hit blue or green all in one cycle. I wasn’t thinking he would go too low but was curious to see if he continued with big drops. The nadir can vary. A few days ago it was at +5.

Colio likes this.
  12. Colio

Colio Member

Thanks - will really need to watch if he could go black to green in one cycle. Just gave him his increased night time shot so will test tonight at +3 and then watch to see if there are drops tomorrow.

Appreciate your help.
    Elizabeth