10/20 Bruce update- (Cat Burrito Success!)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nakikki, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nakikki

Nakikki Member

Just got our first sweet spot BG read! He did a very good job! 17.2 for PMPS.

Also a fair bit of blood came out, is that normal? It would've been about 4 or 5 drops by the time I wiped it all off and saw a new drop form on his ear. He was out of the burrito and not cooperative with me wiping it up and applying more pressure. I'm used to having to milk out tiny drops so that was definitely a change. He also tried to steal from my bowl of chicken treats afterwards, so obviously not too distressed, lol.

Also this lines up with the other read I did, so we might be getting stable numbers? (SS is up to date with everything) However he did also find a very tiny snack during the 2 hr period yet again >.>

Still waiting on the freestyle sensor in the mail. Will probably need to increase his dose, so if I can work closely with this new vet (who will hopefully be good), I might be able to get somewhere with lots of data and minimal burritos.

Previous thread: 10/15 Bruce Update, Seeking Freestyle Libre Advice

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

WELL DONE BRAVO!

Nakikki likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

You might have hit the marginal ear vein (we've all done it ... :oops:). If that happens again, be sure to keep gentle pressure on the test area a bit longer to stop the bleed and help prevent bruising.

Mogs

Nakikki and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.