10/2 Karamelle AMBG 38 +1 66 +2 81 +4 58 +6 78 +9 116

JoM

Member Since 2023
10/1 Karamelle AMPS 473 +5 437 +9 255 PMPS 233 +6 33 +7 122 +8 88 +9 24 +10.5 55

Well here we are. From one extreme to the other! Karamelle is now trying to dig as far into the earth as possible. :rolleyes: Gave honey twice, and she went up only to come down again. I gave her some HC this morning and will test in a few to see if that worked.
I forgot to mention that the vet tested her ketones yesterday and theres none. There was glucose in the urine. Not a big surprise. And slightly higher Leukocytes. None of it seemed too concerning to the vet.
 
Last edited:
Omg Jo - what a rollercoaster. I am so happy and impressed that you caught that huge dip at +6, +8 and +9. You're like Seth - somehow you've developed a spidey sense for when she might be scuba diving. I hope today is much less eventful day for you both!

Come up and stay flat Karamelle!!!
 
  • Love
Reactions: JoM
Oh no 😭 I hope Karamelle is doing better now. Did her BG come up after the HC food?


Whenever this happens with Mocha, I get so scared and usually end up taking her to the clinic so they can give her glucose through the IV. I really hope Karamelle isn’t having the same kind of situation and that her numbers start to stabilize soon. 🙏🏻🤍
 
Omg Jo - what a rollercoaster. I am so happy and impressed that you caught that huge dip at +6, +8 and +9. You're like Seth - somehow you've developed a spidey sense for when she might be scuba diving. I hope today is much less eventful day for you both!

Come up and stay flat Karamelle!!!
Thanks. Not sure when it started to drop. I almost tested at +5 because I was up going to the bathroom, but was too sleepy. But that +6 woke me up. I just closed my eyes in between all those next tests. Not sure if I actually fell back to sleep.
 
Oh no 😭 I hope Karamelle is doing better now. Did her BG come up after the HC food?


Whenever this happens with Mocha, I get so scared and usually end up taking her to the clinic so they can give her glucose through the IV. I really hope Karamelle isn’t having the same kind of situation and that her numbers start to stabilize soon. 🙏🏻🤍
Yes her BG came up to 66 at +1. I'm at the DR getting a fasting blood test so will test her again as soon as I get home. I'm so used to this nonsense and we've been doing this for a while so I know her patterns. Thanks for your concern. 💚
 
10/1 Karamelle AMPS 473 +5 437 +9 255 PMPS 233 +6 33 +7 122 +8 88 +9 24 +10.5 55

Well here we are. From one extreme to the other! Karamelle is now trying to dig as far into the earth as possible. :rolleyes: Gave honey twice, and she went up only to come down again. I gave her some HC this morning and will test in a few to see if that worked.
I forgot to mention that the vet tested her ketones yesterday and theres none. There was glucose in the urine. Not a big surprise. And slightly higher Leukocytes. None of it seemed too concerning to the vet.
Whoa girl! That’s some drop!!
Come up Karamelle, steady please. 🙏
Glad you caught it Jo 🥰
I hope you survived the test today. Sounds not fun at all 🫂
 
  • Love
Reactions: JoM
Wow! Mr. Pancreas reporting for duty!

1790980363349.png
 
Whoa girl! That’s some drop!!
Come up Karamelle, steady please. 🙏
Glad you caught it Jo 🥰
I hope you survived the test today. Sounds not fun at all 🫂
This was totally unexpected, although I should have known something was up when she had those two yellows in a row and it was headed downward. I was just so happy to see anything besides red and black I wasnt paying a lot of attention.
Test was just a standard blood test, just couldnt eat breakfast until I got home so I was quite hungry. Retesting cholesterol and couple other things that need a fasting test. My cardiologist got me another prescription for a cholesterol med but i wanted to see what my starting point is before I start it. it was 83 on the last test in July and although that sounds good, since I have coronary artery disease now, the dr wants it under 50.
 
Wow. 24?! And in the wee hours of the night/morning. I'm glad you caught that 33. Bell is bouncy, but not like that.
 
Wow. 24?! And in the wee hours of the night/morning. I'm glad you caught that 33. Bell is bouncy, but not like that.
+9 has been her nadir as least on the night shift for some time now, except when shes bouncing of course. No idea what those last few days were. Maybe just reacting to the dose changes, who knows, but she was busy building up that depot and just decided all of a sudden to use it up! She must have had a bunch stored up for her to still be getting normal numbers even with no shot this morning. I dont want to be up all night again, but who knows what will happen when I give her the reduced dose tonight. it might still be too much but I dont want to skip another dose either.
 
Back
Top