SweetTooth
Member Since 2026
Tyson (Logan Rice) 's Sugar Sheet
Sorry for the double post forgot to put the "?" tag
Meet Tyson! The rescue I work with tagged him from euthanasia in July he's been doing pretty good but his foster hasn't been testing as much as we would like (he's doing his best) so it has been hard to tell how regulated he is/was and if his dose is too high or too low or if his bad teeth are significantly impacting his bg.
He's going to urgent care today as we suspect his recent high numbers are due to pancreatitis as his stomach was very tender yesterday and his water intake has slightly decreased today (he has no other symptoms: no vomiting, no loose stool, no change in apatite). I'm very nervous we will end up with a vet that knows nothing about feline diabetes and well you can imagine how that might go over especially if they think they know what they are talking about.
Anyway, would some one mind taking a peek at his spreadsheet? Any thoughts on if pre the September 27th if there is any indication that his dose is to high? Before the tenderness was noted I assumed the crazy high numbers was just bouncing and maybe that is what it was or maybe constipation or minor pancreatitis. Also on only 1u he dropped to 225 at AMPS and that ofc makes me curious how low he dropped earlier in that cycle but the foster is more likely to take midcycle if the dose is too high rather than on the low side.
ps. I've been caring for diabetic cats for 6 years and I don't normally have issues regulating them on my own though I am usually the primary caretaker and can test as much as I see fit. I'm considering having a libre or gcm installed while we are at urgent care or requesting he stay with me for a curve.
Friskies pate & Orijen dry
Foster has not been able to get a ketone test yet part of the reason for the vet visit even though his sugar is coming down.
Sorry for the double post forgot to put the "?" tag
Meet Tyson! The rescue I work with tagged him from euthanasia in July he's been doing pretty good but his foster hasn't been testing as much as we would like (he's doing his best) so it has been hard to tell how regulated he is/was and if his dose is too high or too low or if his bad teeth are significantly impacting his bg.
He's going to urgent care today as we suspect his recent high numbers are due to pancreatitis as his stomach was very tender yesterday and his water intake has slightly decreased today (he has no other symptoms: no vomiting, no loose stool, no change in apatite). I'm very nervous we will end up with a vet that knows nothing about feline diabetes and well you can imagine how that might go over especially if they think they know what they are talking about.
Anyway, would some one mind taking a peek at his spreadsheet? Any thoughts on if pre the September 27th if there is any indication that his dose is to high? Before the tenderness was noted I assumed the crazy high numbers was just bouncing and maybe that is what it was or maybe constipation or minor pancreatitis. Also on only 1u he dropped to 225 at AMPS and that ofc makes me curious how low he dropped earlier in that cycle but the foster is more likely to take midcycle if the dose is too high rather than on the low side.
ps. I've been caring for diabetic cats for 6 years and I don't normally have issues regulating them on my own though I am usually the primary caretaker and can test as much as I see fit. I'm considering having a libre or gcm installed while we are at urgent care or requesting he stay with me for a curve.
Friskies pate & Orijen dry
Foster has not been able to get a ketone test yet part of the reason for the vet visit even though his sugar is coming down.
Last edited: