10/12 Lily AMPS 184 +4=275

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sally and Lily GA, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Sally and Lily GA

Sally and Lily GA Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-6-lily-amps-178.253896/

Good morning! So Lily is making me crazy!! She is still showing high numbers even after increasing her insulin. I am beginning to wonder if maybe her insulin is not as potent as it was. I opened the vial the end of June. I might go ahead and order another today.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe.:bighug:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Get the pens. They last to the last drop. Less in each pen but a box of 5 will last you 1-2 years. It seems strange yours would lose potency that fast. Is she acting well otherwise?

She needs an increase.

3. Sally and Lily GA

She seems to be fine but it has been a year since she has seen the doctor and had blood tests so I will probably do that. So you think I should increase tomorrow?

4. tiffmaxee

Good idea to get her checked out. She was on such a small dose. I wonder what caused her to need more insulin. Yes I think you need to increase. When not where you want her you need to increase more often. She’s only had one green.

Sally and Lily GA likes this.
  5. Sally and Lily GA

Ok I agree, I will increase in the morning. Called the vet and have an appt for next Tuesday. I think I will hold off on ordering more insulin until after her blood work comes back.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

Let me know how the vet visit went and the lab results. :bighug:

Sally and Lily GA likes this.
  7. Sally and Lily GA

Morning Elise! The vet visit was ok, no noticeable infections. She did lose a little weight but not quite a pound. She was 8.10 and now she is 8.0. I will let you know blood results as soon as I get them. Thanks for checking on us! Hope you have a great day.:bighug::)

8. Sally and Lily GA

The vet just called and said the results were back. Everything looked good with the exception of her white blood cells. They are elevated so she will put her on a liquid antibiotic. I hope maybe when this clears up will can reduce Lily’s insulin!:)

9. tiffmaxee

How’s she acting? What type of infection? I hope the antibiotic works quickly. I’d ask for the labs to be emailed to you or get a copy from her if you have to pick up the medication.

10. Sally and Lily GA

She is acting and eating good. I can’t tell anything is wrong. They didn’t say what kind of infection but I will have they email me the results.