10/10 Shelly AMPS 365 +4 164 +6 207 Increase this PM

Carina and Shelly

Member Since 2026
PP

Hi FDMB,

By this evening we will have completed 6 cycles on the current dose, and the results have been underwhelming. Looks like Shelly's nadir this cycle is going to be 149 (@ +2.5) but I'd be happy to be surprised 😂 We plan to go for another increase this evening to 1.25. If anyone has any thoughts on waiting a bit longer, we are happy to hear. Otherwise we will proceed as planned, and hope for the best.

I echo the prayers and wishes from the community for Sabrina's safe return. I know that has to be SO hard 😔
 
Last edited:
Hey Carina, I’m still fairly new(ish) and don’t give dose advice but from my understanding since Shelly saw green on this dose that you should be holding 10 cycles before considering an increase.

But please wait to hear from an experienced member as there may be context I’m unaware of.

Sprinkling magic dust on Shelly in hopes for more greens! ✨✨✨
 
Hey Carina, I’m still fairly new(ish) and don’t give dose advice but from my understanding since Shelly saw green on this dose that you should be holding 10 cycles before considering an increase.

But please wait to hear from an experienced member as there may be context I’m unaware of.

Sprinkling magic dust on Shelly in hopes for more greens! ✨✨✨
Hi Sara, thank you for responding even though you are also newer. Your feedback is providing pause.

Looking at the Tight Regulation Sticky and the part where it discusses increases I realize I missed the second bullet (even though I have read this sticky countless times).

Hold the dose for 3 - 5 days (6 - 10 consecutive cycles) if nadirs are less than 200 before increasing the dose by 0.25 unit.
  • if your cat is new to numbers under 200, it is recommended to hold the dose for at least 8-10 cycles before increasing.
  • when your cat starts to see nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing.

So it's been 6 cycles, but you are right: we did see green in the second cycle (which feels so far away by now with all of the pink and yellow we've been soaking in 😭)
It sounds like you are right that we should wait...

Also thank you - I edited my original post with the link to the PP.
 
Back
Top