10/10 Jude | AMPS 169; +6 163; PMPS 212

Mary & Jude

Member Since 2024
yesterday's condo

Morning, everyone! It's a clear, beautiful, cool morning here. The storm has passed, and thankfully we are all okay at our house, didn't have any damage, and didn't lose power (though there is quite a bit of damage and wide-spread outages in the entire region). That was one heck of a storm! We've had worse in terms of strength, but I think being in the absolute direct path and on the dirty side of the storm made it seem so much worse. Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes and thoughts. @Sara & Khloe, how is your family?

Jude is up a bit this morning--this is the bounce I was expecting. Hopefully, he'll break the bounce quickly. He was also nauseated this morning, and I had a hard time getting him to eat. I'm wondering if it is the Gaba. I typically test and give him his meds at the same time and then feed him. Even though it's compounded, he doesn't like the taste of the Gaba--it makes him gag for a few minutes, and I think that might be making him nauseated, making him reluctant to eat. I'll try to withhold his meds until he finishes eating next time and see if that helps.

Keeping my thoughts on @Dyana and little Sabrina--hoping she'll 'hear' us all urging her to go home. ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’›
 
Iโ€™m so glad to hear that the storm has passed with relatively limited damage! I know you were worried about the power being out so Iโ€™m glad that didnโ€™t happen :)

Poor Jude. I donโ€™t know what his dosage is, but weโ€™ve been prescribed 50mg tablets before for gabapentin (for whatever reason 100mg are only in capsules), and weโ€™d cut the tablet into quarters and drop each piece into a churu tube and have the kitties just lick it up. That unfortunately doesnโ€™t work as well for us when weโ€™re going for larger doses required for anxiety at the vet, but passing along in case his dose is relatively low.
 
Oh Iโ€™m so happy to hear that you still have power and no damage!! ๐Ÿ’œ no more worries about Judeโ€™s insulin! (Or your comfort!)
My family is safe. No power on their part of the coast but luckily they have a generator. My dad said there is some limbs down but thatโ€™s to be expected. Now the storm is making its way towards me but I think it should die down alot before making it here.
 
yesterday's condo

Morning, everyone! It's a clear, beautiful, cool morning here. The storm has passed, and thankfully we are all okay at our house, didn't have any damage, and didn't lose power (though there is quite a bit of damage and wide-spread outages in the entire region). That was one heck of a storm! We've had worse in terms of strength, but I think being in the absolute direct path and on the dirty side of the storm made it seem so much worse. Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes and thoughts. @Sara & Khloe, how is your family?

Jude is up a bit this morning--this is the bounce I was expecting. Hopefully, he'll break the bounce quickly. He was also nauseated this morning, and I had a hard time getting him to eat. I'm wondering if it is the Gaba. I typically test and give him his meds at the same time and then feed him. Even though it's compounded, he doesn't like the taste of the Gaba--it makes him gag for a few minutes, and I think that might be making him nauseated, making him reluctant to eat. I'll try to withhold his meds until he finishes eating next time and see if that helps.

Keeping my thoughts on @Dyana and little Sabrina--hoping she'll 'hear' us all urging her to go home. ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’›
So glad you are all ok Mary! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’—
I hope Jude feels much better! Youโ€™re such a good mom and know all of his nuances ๐Ÿ’—

I get a compounded tablet from Wedgwood (they have chicken or a fish flavor I believe available). They are 100 mg โ€œquad tabsโ€ that break easily into quarters.
I pill Ivy with them but some cats may just eat it easily?
I give her 100 mg capsule plus 2 (25 mg) pieces for her vet visits.
@Connie & Parker & Moonie maybe this could help you too?
Hope you have a calm day and Jude feels better ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿˆ
 
Oh Iโ€™m so happy to hear that you still have power and no damage!! ๐Ÿ’œ no more worries about Judeโ€™s insulin! (Or your comfort!)
My family is safe. No power on their part of the coast but luckily they have a generator. My dad said there is some limbs down but thatโ€™s to be expected. Now the storm is making its way towards me but I think it should die down alot before making it here.
Good luck Sara, we are sending you good wishes to be safe! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ€
 
So glad you are all ok Mary! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’—
I hope Jude feels much better! Youโ€™re such a good mom and know all of his nuances ๐Ÿ’—

I get a compounded tablet from Wedgwood (they have chicken or a fish flavor I believe available). They are 100 mg โ€œquad tabsโ€ that break easily into quarters.
I pill Ivy with them but some cats may just eat it easily?
I give her 100 mg capsule plus 2 (25 mg) pieces for her vet visits.
@Connie & Parker & Moonie maybe this could help you too?
Hope you have a calm day and Jude feels better ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿˆ
Omg I had no idea this was an option. This just blew my mind so thank you! This will make things so much easier for us ๐Ÿฅฐ
 
Really great to hear that you didn't have to deal with power outage and storm stress. Just pre-storm stress I'm sure :rolleyes:
I'll admit, had some pretty serious mid-storm stress too ๐Ÿคช I'm not sure why, but the older I get, the more nervous these storms make me. You're just waiting for tree to fall into the living room:oops: I kept asking my friends, how much longer, how much longer?
 
Back
Top