10/1 Karamelle AMPS 473 +5 437 +9 255 PMPS 233 +6 33 +7 122 +8 88 +9 24 +10.5 55

JoM

Member Since 2023
9/30 Karamelle AMPS 438 +4 541 +9 444 PMPS 536 +6 508

Karamelle saw the vet again today. I just had too many questions, they just told me to bring her in. I was so worried about her. Shes lost weight for one. On 9/14 she was 10.4, which was down already from the last weight and now shes 9.8. The TLI result still isnt back. She did give me the spec fPL which was 3.1. Since I already know she has chronic Pancreatitis, this number just tells me (maybe nothing) but that possibly her pancreatitis isnt causing all these issues. Her pancreas on ultrasound that was done 9/21 didnt show anything at all. But her intestines have severe inflammation. Most likely IBD. She does have signs of IBD. No vomiting, but her stools are formed but soft and a light brown.
Plus theres the possible kidney infection. I made an appt for 2 weeks to recheck her cystatin B level and do a urinalysis with culture and also check kidney levels.
As far as the B12, we are back to weekly for 6 weeks, then we (more like I) decided that I will stop it for 5 weeks and retest. If its higher than the last 234 value, then I guess we know the weekly worked better than monthly. Her first B12 test in Jan was <150 (which could mean zero), we did 250mcg of B12 injection once a week for 6 weeks and then went to once a month. The last one was on Aug 17 and we tested the B12 5 weeks later on Sept 21 and it was 234. Some improvement but not enough.
I went down the AI rabbit hole yesterday and today. I put in all of Karamelle test results and info into chat gpt to see what I would get. They kept asking questions and I answered. I told the vet I did this.
The recommendations were pretty spot on to what we are going to do. In addition to testing again in 2 weeks and the B12 protocol, I am adding Cerenia, increasing Buprenorphine to 2x a day and adding fluids. AI also mentioned that whats going on with her BG probably isnt related to her pancreatitis, but rather related to these other issues she has going on at the moment, which makes sense because shes had Pancreatitis for over 2 years and weve never had anything like this happen before. Except when she has a UTI. That messed everything up as well.
My vet had me order a fecal biome test from Animal Biome. Ive done these before so I think thats reasonable. She told me that the labs offer a test like this for dogs but not cats so shes been using this site to get fecal biome test results.
If you got thru all that, Im impressed. Anyway, this is where we stand right now.
 
Last edited:
You’re managing so much Jo - you’re such a wonderful caregiver to Karamelle. I hope that the B12 weekly shots and adding Cerenia / 1x bupe / fluids will help her a lot. Sending you both lots and lots of love and GI healing vines 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
 
9/30 Karamelle AMPS 438 +4 541 +9 444 PMPS 536 +6 508

Karamelle saw the vet again today. I just had too many questions, they just told me to bring her in. I was so worried about her. Shes lost weight for one. On 9/14 she was 10.4, which was down already from the last weight and now shes 9.8. The TLI result still isnt back. She did give me the spec fPL which was 3.1. Since I already know she has chronic Pancreatitis, this number just tells me (maybe nothing) but that possibly her pancreatitis isnt causing all these issues. Her pancreas on ultrasound that was done 9/21 didnt show anything at all. But her intestines have severe inflammation. Most likely IBD. She does have signs of IBD. No vomiting, but her stools are formed but soft and a light brown.
Plus theres the possible kidney infection. I made an appt for 2 weeks to recheck her cystatin B level and do a urinalysis with culture and also check kidney levels.
As far as the B12, we are back to weekly for 6 weeks, then we (more like I) decided that I will stop it for 5 weeks and retest. If its higher than the last 234 value, then I guess we know the weekly worked better than monthly. Her first B12 test in Jan was <150 (which could mean zero), we did 250mcg of B12 injection once a week for 6 weeks and then went to once a month. The last one was on Aug 17 and we tested the B12 5 weeks later on Sept 21 and it was 234. Some improvement but not enough.
I went down the AI rabbit hole yesterday and today. I put in all of Karamelle test results and info into chat gpt to see what I would get. They kept asking questions and I answered. I told the vet I did this.
The recommendations were pretty spot on to what we are going to do. In addition to testing again in 2 weeks and the B12 protocol, I am adding Cerenia, increasing Buprenorphine to 2x a day and adding fluids. AI also mentioned that whats going on with her BG probably isnt related to her pancreatitis, but rather related to these other issues she has going on at the moment, which makes sense because shes had Pancreatitis for over 2 years and weve never had anything like this happen before. Except when she has a UTI. That messed everything up as well.
My vet had me order a fecal biome test from Animal Biome. Ive done these before so I think thats reasonable. She told me that the labs offer a test like this for dogs but not cats so shes been using this site to get fecal biome test results.
If you got thru all that, Im impressed. Anyway, this is where we stand right now.
It’s so complicated, Jo. We are going through similar things as you know.
We also did the Animal Biome test in August. I’ve done it 3x over the past few years.

I hope the B12 shots will help. They seem to help Ivy. I just gave the 9th weekly dose today.

I hope the Cerenia and other meds and fluids will help her feel better and eat better 🙏
It does sound like IBD (for both our girls).

Ivy’s T4 just came back at 9 (crying here) so that’s my new additional wrinkle).

I’m glad Karamelle’s stools are formed and no vomiting. That’s good news at least.
She’s so lucky to have the most attentive mom!

Sending lots of vines to sweet Karamelle 🍃🍀🍃🍀🍃🍀🍃🙏🙏🙏💞💞💞
 
It’s so complicated, Jo. We are going through similar things as you know.
We also did the Animal Biome test in August. I’ve done it 3x over the past few years.

I hope the B12 shots will help. They seem to help Ivy. I just gave the 9th weekly dose today.

I hope the Cerenia and other meds and fluids will help her feel better and eat better 🙏
It does sound like IBD (for both our girls).

Ivy’s T4 just came back at 9 (crying here) so that’s my new additional wrinkle).

I’m glad Karamelle’s stools are formed and no vomiting. That’s good news at least.
She’s so lucky to have the most attentive mom!

Sending lots of vines to sweet Karamelle 🍃🍀🍃🍀🍃🍀🍃🙏🙏🙏💞💞💞
Thanks Staci. 💚 I was thinking of Ivy. I know she has similar issues. Sorry to hear about the T4. Just another illness to manage. They truly dont deserve this.
 
Back
Top