10/1 Copernicus AMPS=462

Krista & Copernicus

Member Since 2026
My other cat Hemingway was just diagnosed with liver disease of unknown known cause. Not sure how I am going to manage two very sick cats.

Copernicus BG is out of control. 631 yesterday. 462 AMPS after a dose increase. He's drinking tons of water. And I believe he had a focal seizure 2 days ago.

I've been at this 7 months. He's not going to get better. He didn't respond to 20.5, 21,22,23 units. Frankly, he hasn't responded to any Lantus dose. He had about a week of feeling good in the last 7 months when he had those yellows. My husband says he's suffering. It HAS been a very long time. Others seem to get better, but he just doesn't.
 
Have you thought about trying Cabergoline every day instead of EOD? Or increasing by 2 units? I don't think I'd do both at once.
 
With an acrocat, you can't hang onto bad doses too long. If you aren't seeing anything with blues by the end of six cycles, increase. I also agree with Dyana's suggestion of increasing by two units at a time. You are chasing a moving target, you have to be moving with it.

Any chance your local vet would prescribe the cabergoline for you, so you don't have to keep going to the vet hospital. I have some email correspondence with the Royal Vet Clinic in England that explained they were moving to every day from every other day, cause EOD wasn't as effective. Wish they had published their reasoning.
 
Back
Top