Britta and Regs
Member Since 2026
Ever since he had the low cycle last Sunday Regs is running constantly high, not one single blue. Do you think it's safe going from 2.25 to 2.5 or should I do a curve before I increase the Lantus?
Thanks Staci, I really think he needs an increase but I would love to hear the opinion from more experienced people, what means everyone. Sometimes I have the feeling I don't know anything about diabetes.Hi Britta, I’ll be curious what answer you get in an increase but it appears Regs could use a bump up. He’s not seeing any blues since last Sunday as you said.
And with SLGS, you would reduce if he drops under 90.
So he’s not close to that at this point.
Let’s see what you hear back.
Have a safe surf today![]()
You can switch to TR to try to get him regulated more quickly as long as you can monitor and if TR doesn’t work, you certainly can switch back to SLGS. You’re never locked into one protocol.Thanks Staci, I really think he needs an increase but I would love to hear the opinion from more experienced people, what means everyone. Sometimes I have the feeling I don't know anything about diabetes.
At +1 he is just under 400 so the +2 will wi well in the 400 range. I even consider switching to TR to get the sugars under control sooner, especially with his feet. I don't plan to go on any trip anytime soon and minus work I can monitor him closely. I really just don't know where to start, it sounds so complicated even Connie explained it very patient yesterday
I hope you and sweet Ivy are having a fantastic Friday and a happy weekend![]()
That’s good to know that I’m not locked in as soon as I start TR. I’m just not sure if my monitoring would be enough.You can switch to TR to try to get him regulated more quickly as long as you can monitor and if TR doesn’t work, you certainly can switch back to SLGS. You’re never locked into one protocol.
If you look at our SS - Sara and I already test less frequently than you do - and we both do TRThat’s good to know that I’m not locked in as soon as I start TR. I’m just not sure if my monitoring would be enough.
Have a slow day at work today and read a lot to understand how to change, what it means and if it could be right for Regs
Yes you are right I should test that. At least I would know exactly what and how much to give him if he is going low instead of just opening as much food as he wants. But after seeing the 344 at lunchtime I really think he needs an increase, I hate him running so highIf you look at our SS - Sara and I already test less frequently than you do - and we both do TR. If you post what your testing availability looks like, I'm sure people here could help you come up with a good monitoring plan. And I also think what would give you more comfort moving is if you decided to take a few cycles to test Regs' carb sensitivity at 1 tsp of LC, MC, HC. Like if you saw for yourself that 1tsp of MC gets you 50pts fairly consistently within 20 mins - you might feel better about letting Regs dip lower since you know that you can bring him up fast.
I don't give dosing advice either as you know, but I agree with Staci. He probably needs more insulin if he hasn't seen in a blue in that long.Yes you are right I should test that. At least I would know exactly what and how much to give him if he is going low instead of just opening as much food as he wants. But after seeing the 344 at lunchtime I really think he needs an increase, I hate him running so high
During the day I can easy do a plus 1, sometimes a 2, at least a 1.5 and a plus 6/7 and 10 and of course the pre shot numbers. And I think that’s pretty much what I test at night as well. I really wish the Libre would work better on him but it always showed much higher numbers than he had. And he removed it after a couple days![]()
I agree, I hope someone with more experience could look over my SS tonight or over the weekend.I don't give dosing advice either as you know, but I agree with Staci. He probably needs more insulin if he hasn't seen in a blue in that long.
I think that cadence is more than enough to do TR.
By the way - at this stage, if you feel a bit too panicked to just give him 1 tsp at a time (or forget in the moment)- try to start with LC or MC and at least weigh the can before and after he eats. That way you'll know XYZ amount has ABC impact.