1/5 Luci AMPS 239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Good morning everyone! Luci seemed to fare well at the vet yesterday and was happy to be home, immediately hitting the food dish and the litter box - in that order! She seemed a bit quieter than usual and had a nice visit to the beach last night - but this morning she's acting odd. She was back in her carrier sleeping and did not come out when I got up! Usually she greets me first thing and this morning - where's Luci? I had to walk around and call her - she finally came out of the carrier - I didn't know where she was...and she didn't look like she was feeling very well...she had not eaten the snack left in her auto-feeder! That's not like Luci...

I picked her up for her test/feed/shot routine this morning and she growled at me...she seems 'warm' to the touch - so I'm wondering if she's reacting to the rabies vaccine she received yesterday. As a rule I don't usually support that and it's been a long long time since she's had one, but the RadioCat process requires a pre-procedure rabies vaccination...they have quite a list of requirements...so in order to have the treatment, we had to comply.

I sure hope she starts to feel better soon...she did eat her breakfast and is out on the lanai laying on the cool tiles - it's dark and quiet out there this morning and only 54 degrees - so it's nice and cool...

If she doesn't perk up by tomorrow I'll be calling the vet...oh those darn 'requirements'...

I hope you are all doing well today and that your kitties surf safely!

2. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

Aww, poor Luci! Hope it's just a temporary reaction to the vaccine. What a lucky kitty she is that she gets to hang out on a lanai after her morning meal. :cat: Have a great day, Sue.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Awh hope Luci feels better:cat: She sure did have a nice beach surf last night.

And I hear you on vaccines...NC requires rabies and has zero medical exemptions :rolleyes:

Feel better sweet Luci and hope you have a great day, Sue :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

5. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Feel better Luci :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

I hope Luci feels better :bighug:!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hope luci gets back to her luci-self in no time.
    feel better spunky one!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

hope luci gets back to her luci-self in no time.
    feel better spunky one!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope Luci feels better and was just a reaction to the vaccine :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Too many possible reactions to Rabies Vaccine. Ravan & all my cats were only vaccinated before they were neutered, when they were 8 months old. My cats never roam free, but they always went in my yard with me. I won't bring them to a vet that requires Rabies vaccine.

Symptoms of a serious reaction to the rabies vaccine in cats include:

Vaccine Associated Fibrosarcoma

This is the development of a cancerous tumor at the injection site. The tumor can develop from a few weeks to a year after the vaccination has been given.

Organ Damage

The protein that is in the rabies vaccine can potentially damage your cat’s kidneys, liver and/or central nervous system. Organ damage can occur up to 45 days after the vaccination has been given.

Anaphylactic Shock

Immediate veterinary care is required if your cat experiences anaphylactic shock, death can occur quickly without prompt treatment. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock include facial swelling, difficulty breathing, coma, seizures,

Vaccine Induced Rabies

This is extremely rare and only can occur with the live-virus vaccine. Cats will show symptoms within 14 days of the vaccine being administered.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Sounds like a little reaction to the vaccine, Sue. Usually it doesn't last long but can last a few days. Hopefully Luci feels better and is back up to mischief tomorrow, but don't be surprised if it does end up taking her a few days to feel like her old self. :bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

My cats have always been vaccinated until they are 16 yrs old. Smokey was done before he came to me, my vet made him medically exempt. Trippers 's last one was last year. Tux and PJ get theirs. Ollie had one to cross the border, Canada used the 3 yr vaccine. When it was due, she was sick at the time and vet will not give if ill. Then no one ever mentioned it after that. A previous cat Callie, rear tripod was given her vaccines. The vet gave it in her only back leg, for 24 hrs she couldn't use the leg, stand or walk ER said it was from the soreness of the shot. She was fine the next day. I did not allow it again for her. Overall, my kits do fine with their vaccines.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci is feeling better now!!

Sue and Luci likes this.