1/30 Jackson AMPS 417 +2 367 +4 318 +6 313 +11 233 PMPS 188 +2 104 +4 76 +6 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Skye & Jackson, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...18-6-260-10-105-11-111-pmps-151-4-368.273589/

What the HECK, AMPS?!?!?!?! :woot: 30 minutes ago you read 364!!! (Still high, but YIKES!) And the middle-of-the-night spike was even worse.

I am honestly now wondering if Jack’s been getting his full dose the last few days, though. Yesterday morning I struggled to depress the plunger once syringe was filled to 2 units and in the cat, and when I did finally only get some out, it stuck again at the 1 unit mark. I never did actually get it depressed all the way, I just flushed some interstitial fluid back and forth to try to work all or at least most ofthe insulin in. And the cycle after that was beautiful. Last night, I got the full dose in fine. But now I’m not sure about the couple days of shots before because I was busy and in a hurry. So… it’s possible he’s bouncing while on a decreased depot?

I’m back to our usual syringes now though. The last few days I’d run out and was trying to just use some older ones I had on hand. I pray his numbers get better soon. Disheartening to have him good and stabilizing (it seemed) and then suddenly rising/bouncing like this. Though he did have a good cycle yesterday AM… just…I thought we were done seeing red! Or even quite so much pink! :banghead::arghh:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  2. Red83

Red83 Member

Bummer on the high numbers and syringe trouble. I know what it’s like to have syringe-induced frustration and to be wondering if the dose reached full efficacy, which can be no fun. Glad to hear you’re back to using good ones now. Here’s to seeing numbers to down again!!

Skye & Jackson likes this.
  3. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Hi Skye,
    I've wondered this too :bighug:more times than I can count. IMO, it's more likely these higher numbers are a bounce from what looks like a steady couple of hours in blue from 1/28's AM cycle. Nice blue run!

Skye & Jackson likes this.
  4. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

Yes he’s been seeing more blues lately. :)

I’m sure he is bouncing, just… lately he’s been bouncing in the lower half of the 300s, and yesterday afternoon he was in the upper half, and then last night in the 400s for the first time in three weeks… o_O

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Skye & Jackson

Skye & Jackson Member

76 at PM +4 — a real, meter-tested 76.

Interestingly, tonight he seems to be currently running about 30 points above the Libre reading, and earlier, a little higher, there was only a 15 to 20 point variance. The last time I did cross-testing, he was at 30 points when higher on the scale, and showed a 40-point variance this far down. However, that was on the last sensor. I wonder if they do vary slightly in how they read lower numbers. If so, that would suggest a need to test and verify a particular sensor’s variance before trusting what it “should” be.

For tonight so far though, Jack is in lovely numbers, though I think he’s earned a reduction. Kind of afraid to give him one, that he’ll just go high again, but… that’s how the protocol works, and maybe he’ll be fine again.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    Angela & Cleo likes this.